We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi Please help

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Drogheda, Ireland
reviews: 5
Hi Please help

Hi,

Thinking of going to Zadar or Dubrovnik for a week in July, which would be the better place to chill out on beach at this time of year? Is Dubrovnik exceptionally busy at this time of year? Please advise...

Many thanks!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 41
1. Re: Hi Please help

Dubrovnik will be very very busy. I think if you are looking at flying into Zadar look into Nin,which is very near to Zadar with nice beaches.

Korcula Island...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Hi Please help

Hi, I agree, Dubrovnik, is incredibly busy, and not ideal for a weeks chilling out in the sun on a beach. I would reccommend the nearby island Korcula. From here you can take a day trip to Dubrovnik, plus some of the secret beaches are amazing for chilling in the sun...stunning.

Let me know if you want any further info.

Edited: 3:31 pm, June 07, 2011
Atlanta
reviews: 8
3. Re: Hi Please help

The only really nice beach close to Dubrovnik (and Korcula) I can think about is Orebic at Peljesac peninsula.

Around Zadar, there are couple of interesting places: Biograd, Sv Filip and Jakov (St Phillip and Jacob) NIn (of course), camp and apartment complex in Zaton (really great family place) and islands Ugljan and Dugi otok...

Edited: 10:47 pm, June 07, 2011
Derby, United...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Hi Please help

thansk all for your info thats a great help. i shall keep looking. if you have got anymore info on what the prices are for food & drinks etc. plus is it best to go AI or half board etc.

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
reviews: 47
5. Re: Hi Please help

Zadar and Dubrovnik are different. You can visit them both, considering thet you need only one day to see Zadar, and Dubrovnik is certanly worth of few more days.

Drogheda, Ireland
reviews: 5
6. Re: Hi Please help

Thanks for that, thinking of staying in Cavtat and doing a bit of exploring from there - many thanks for the responses!

7. Re: Hi Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 03, 2012