We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap place to stay in Zadar - HELP PLEASE!

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
cheap place to stay in Zadar - HELP PLEASE!

hi, sorry for manic topic! But no one EVER seems to reply to my question and I would really love some help?

I am seeking a cheap place to stay in zadar at start of june. would quite like to book in advance if possible as its my first night of two weeks trip and would like something for arrival!

I am not bothered really about standards, prepared to really rough it. just as long as its cheap and convenient as i will only be there for one night.

Normally when i write this post i ask lots of other questions about croatia but seeming as no one is interested in answering them i wont again! - although any advice is very welcome!

thankyou, please help me if you can.

travelling with my boyfriend both early 20's students on a tight budget.

thanks

Zagreb, Croatia
1. Re: cheap place to stay in Zadar - HELP PLEASE!

Hello there,

Can only give some general advice on cheap accommodation – stop by in the local tourist office and ask them to give you some private renters from their base. Since you won’t have a car make sure places are in central areas. Zadar has a hostel though it is not in the center but in the city resort area.

http://www.hfhs.hr/home.php?lang=en

Zadar is a good base to do the trip to Plitvice – it is handier to go with a tour, but you can do it yourself by taking a morning bus to Plitvice and evening bus back. If you like nature, other options from Zadar would be Kornati Archipelago National Park.

A bit south of Zadar is Sibenik, good to take a stroll but also a good point to visit Krka National Park with a small town of Skradin there.

A bit more south are Trogir and Split, both old towns worth visiting connected with Split municipal public buses. Split is a bigger city, a must see with Diocletian Palace (city center), also it is the ferry hub for islands.

Islands on your way Split to Dubrovnik: Brac, Hvar, Vis, Korcula… Hvar is handy cause it’s on your way, Vis has kinda sleepy, remote place atmosphere.

Think you need to plan and narrow things down to cut down the time you spend travelling from one place to another, ie when doing that trip to Plitvice perhaps there is no need to go back to Zadar, go straight to Split for example.

Zadar – (Sibenik) – Split/Trogir – Hvar – Korcula – Dubrovnik - bus back to Zadar sounds reasonable.

Transportation: buses and ferries/catamarans.

Zagreb, Croatia
2. Re: cheap place to stay in Zadar - HELP PLEASE!

Also, check out recent questions similar to yours with some tips:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g295374-i10777-k27…

london
3. Re: cheap place to stay in Zadar - HELP PLEASE!

thankyou for your help. although as i said in my first message my problem is that i want to book something from england before i get there and as my flight gets in in the evening i dont really think i'll be able to go round travel agents looking for rooms for that night!

I'm finding it really really difficult to find anywhere cheap on the internet in old town/central zadar that will let me stay for just one or two nights. Where is a good place to look for things like rooms and super cheap hostels? all the google searches ive done so far have lead to dead ends!

As for the rest of our trip, not planning on going to the lakes anymore but probably going to get a bus straight down to dubrovnik and then head up island hoping for the rest of the time making our way back to zadar for our flight home.

I have lots of friends who have been to croatia so have been flooded with advice, sadly no one has been to zadar so can't help on this front.

I dont understand why it is proving so difficult to find simple accomodation in a town that has regular flights arriving at its airport - am i missing something here????

please help!

Thanks

London, England
reviews: 48
4. Re: cheap place to stay in Zadar - HELP PLEASE!

In summary- use Hotel Venera in Zadar old town, then go to the islands to find cheap apartments.

I sympathise – we have just got back, had a stunning time, and found it really easy to find rooms once we arrived (admittedly out of season-) but like you, found it difficult to pre book. We wanted to stay in the old town before going on to the nearby islands, but found all the listed hotels too far out or overpriced, mostly well over 100 quid a nite!

so we booked a couple of nights at a place right in town at half the price, ignoring the (hysterical) advice from an earlier post by one of the Zadar ‘‘experts’ that it’s in bad area with bars and prostitutes; (it’s not- it’s just a bit tatty, with roadworks, council flats and a school!)

Hotel VENERA, basic, characterless, but clean, cheap and great location in the heart of the student bar district of the old town, only a few minutes from ferries, restaurants etc

Šime Ljubica 4A, 23000, Zadar TEL./FAX +385 (0)23 - 214 098 MOB.385 (0)98 330 958 E-MAIL gojislav.jovic@zd.t-com.hr website: www.hotel-venera-zd.hr

Rooms at 50 quid a nite off season, and they respond efficiently to emails and don’t ask for credit card numbers. Reception is a bit grotty so we dealt in cash- but rooms are clean with ensuite showers , albeit small and basic with no view.

Rooms are said to be much better- and we found fantastic apartment on one of the islands, via the local tourist agency. (Don’t be suspicious of agencies- they seem honest- see below). Another post said use local agencies inside the town gates, but I appreciate it might be difficult just turning up on spec.

So to summarise our research from earlier TA posts,

One TA post said; - Mira Rovis-Jakupovic,Zlataraska 323000,Zadar 385 98 9938033 has good, clean rooms with bathroom and air conditioning on the market square in the old town at 200 kuna per night (about 25-30 quid).

A local operator who seems to be trying hard advertises apartments, tours, taxis, etc Zadar & islands; -email zukve.nin@gmail.com www.sandra-zukve.com

Tamerlano, one Zadar ‘local expert’ recommends a website with 500 apartments etc: adriagate.com/en/…

We found a much better bargain when we got to Dugi Otok island – an hour away from Zadar by ferry- 4 boats a day; at 5am, 10am and later. We stayed in the tiny port of Sali in a great 2 bedroom apartment with sea view balcony, lounge and kitchen costing less than 225 Kuna or 30 quid a night – run by Marijana (who speaks excellent English) and Gojko, on tel 00385 23 377 350.

We got the Sali apartment from the tourist agency on the harbour opposite where the ferry docks, and who speak English, are really helpful and act for lots of rooms and apartments – tel 00385 23 377 208 or 38585 99 518 2929 www.adamo.hr or email info@adamo.hr

Sali is great for tight budgets- a few reasonable bars an restaurants but also a good supermarket on the harbour

I got this info from a couple of hours surfing before our one short recent visit, but given that this question gets asked every day, someone needs to post a better list. And what’s with all thes Scottish people wanting to visit Croatia?

Zagreb, Croatia
5. Re: cheap place to stay in Zadar - HELP PLEASE!

Sorry to have that kind of problem but you have to understand that Zadar is not a big city.

There are a lot of rooms/appartments rentals but every one prefer to have someone that will stay a whole week ...

I know that it is a problem, but a lot of them are laisy to clean after one-night stays... But it happens all over Europe (for me in Italy, Austria, France...)

Croatia
reviews: 1
6. Re: cheap place to stay in Zadar - HELP PLEASE!

If you like stay in Camping you can rent a tenf with full equipment. Detals you can see on: www.planik.hr

London
7. Re: cheap place to stay in Zadar - HELP PLEASE!

www.croatiaapartments.net/

Try this website. We managed to find a good deal through it. You get to contact the owners of the accommodations direct.

8. Re: cheap place to stay in Zadar - HELP PLEASE!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:46 am, December 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Zadar