We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental in Pula near ferry docks

Which Pula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ajax, Canada
Car rental in Pula near ferry docks

I am wondering if there is a car rental agency near the ferry docks in Pula. We will be arriving late (8pm) on a Monday in August by the Zadar ferry and need to drive to our hotel in Bale. Alternatively do you know if there is a late bus that would be available to Bale.

Thanks for the help!

Lisa

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
reviews: 3
1. Re: Car rental in Pula near ferry docks

I don't know if there is a car rental agency close to the ferry docks, or even if they would be open at that time.

I would suggest you email Pula Tourist information and ask them. They speak good English. http://pulainfo.hr/en/kontact/ Or get on to their website which will give you taxi prices under the heading Travel. Their website is http://pulainfo.hr

I'm not even sure there is a bus from Pula to Bale without perhaps changing somewhere like Vodnjan or Rovinj. But I may be wrong about this. One of the lacals may chime in and give you advice on the buses.

Is the hotel you are staying at La Grisa? Bale is a nice little place and is noted for its jazz.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Car rental in Pula near ferry docks

Its only a suggestion but the 5 hour Zadar to Pula ride is not a big thrill. Its in a catamaran meaning you do not sit out on deck, and then as you say finding the car, paperwork, etc..will have youi out of Pula at 9 pm and probably close to 10 pm at your destination. Why not simply pick up the car in Pula, drive up the coastal road to Rijeka, its scenic, yes about 4 hours but at least you can stop and do at your own pace and your final destination is an hour down from Rijeka!! Its less time, less stress, and much more enjoyable than your long boat trip, and again nice to see fellow Canadians coming to the area, stop by here in Opatija for a coffee its right on he road between Rijeka and Baie!! If its La Grisa as DannyG mentions, super place!!

Ajax, Canada
3. Re: Car rental in Pula near ferry docks

Thank you Peter and Danny!! It looks like the ferry from Zadar to Pula may not be running this year. We will have to drive from Zadar. I am looking into that now and am getting very excited about exploring the area by car. Thank you for all your suggestions! I am counting the weeks until we can explore what looks like an incredibly beautiful country!

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
reviews: 32
4. Re: Car rental in Pula near ferry docks

If you like something different from the coast, then don't miss out Plitvice lakes, which are just a small detour from the highway between Zadar and Rijeka...

5. Re: Car rental in Pula near ferry docks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 20, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Pula