We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel or apartment hotel

Which Pula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 8
hotel or apartment hotel

Hi, I'll be in Pula for 1-2 nights with my two 13 year olds in mid December. I'm debating whether to book an apartment hotel instead of a regular hotel (I had been looking at Hotel Amfiteater). Any advice for or against this? Or specific recommendations of places to book? We won't have a car and are coming in particular for the Roman ruins in the area.

Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
reviews: 1
1. Re: hotel or apartment hotel

I can't give you any advice about Hotel Amfiteater as I know nothing about it, only that it is close the Roman amphitheatre and is in the centre of Pula. Most hotels close down during the winter months. Have a look at Hotel Histria which is situated 2 miles from the Centre at Verudela and has frequent buses from there to the Centre. It's a lovely hotel and maybe nicer for your 13 yr.olds with more facilities and beach areas.

I don't think there are any aparthotels in Pula.

Kingston upon...
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
reviews: 24
2. Re: hotel or apartment hotel

I don't normally stay in a hotel as I have family living near Rovinj. However, I have stayed at the Amfiteatar hotel when catching the early catamaran to the islands. It is fairly new and though only a 3 star, it's the best in Pula. The location is ideal and the restaurant is known for good simple food at reasonable cost.

Reply to: hotel or apartment hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pula