We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 nights spending money in Dubrovnik Half-board

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wakefield, United...
5 nights spending money in Dubrovnik Half-board

Hi all,

We are heading to Dubrovbik in the October half term hols and wondered if anyone could shed any light on how much to take.

We are staying half board so shouldn't need to spend too much in food. We will need taxi transfers to and from the airport and then want to hopefully see the following:

Three islands trip to Elafiti Islands

Mostar

Montenegro blue

Cable car to srdj

City walls

We will then just be heading for drinks etc on a night to Dubrovbik.

Any guidance helpful.

Thank you!

Rich

London
reviews: 71
1. Re: 5 nights spending money in Dubrovnik Half-board

We were in Dubrovnik this summer and did Elite tours to Montenegro and Mostar. They cost in the region of 390 kunas per person. I think the trip to Elafite Islands was the same from memory.

Cable car cost 94 kuna return per person

City Walls cost 90 kuna per person (plus extra if you hire the audio guide)

As the experts here will tell you, beer and wine are reasonable but soft drinks are fairly expensive.

I cant help with the cost of the taxi from the airport as this was included with our package.

Pizzas, salads are not expensive - on a par with London prices so somewhere in the region of £8-£10.

You will need euros for Montenegro and in Mostar they were happy to take kuna and euro as well as the local currency.

Hope that has been of some help.

Split
reviews: 21
2. Re: 5 nights spending money in Dubrovnik Half-board

Taxi from Dubrovnik Airport to Dubrovnik town should be 30 Eur. Also, from Airport there are buses upon arrival of every regular flight, price 35 kn (5 euros).

Wakefield, United...
3. Re: 5 nights spending money in Dubrovnik Half-board

Hi,

Thanks for your advice on this, much appeciated :-)

Would you recommend pre-booking the trips online or just while we're there?

Thanks again.

London
4. Re: 5 nights spending money in Dubrovnik Half-board

Hello Rich - we didn't book anything until we got there and figured out a relatively good balance between sight-seeing and relaxing. We could have booked the trip to Elafite Islands the day before - I don't know if it would be different slightly off-season. However, that was the one trip we didn't do in the end but Elite used a lovely galleon ship which would have been fun. There were so many companies offering almost identical trips at very similar prices that there didn't seem to be an issue with booking ahead. Again, I can only say that that was how it was in August. If you book more than one trip with the same company, ask for a discount - we got 10%.

The trips to Montenegro and Mostar are long days - 8.00am - 6.00pm approx. and so I would just recommend to have a relaxing day in between (by that I mean spending the day locally) but we enjoyed both of them. We also enjoyed a day to Korcula.

I think the cable car is open until about midnight - one of the experts can confirm or otherwise. We didn't know that at the time but I would imagine it must be beautiful looking out at night.

We spent about 1.5 hours walking leisurely around the walls - some people will spend much longer and some less so that may be helpful if you are trying to plan other things around it. We did other things which we didn't even plan such as a bus tour and a wonderful walking tour. Aahhhhhh I wish I was going back.

Have a wonderful time and post a report when you get back.

Wakefield, United...
5. Re: 5 nights spending money in Dubrovnik Half-board

That's perfect, thanks for all of the info :-)

I'm quite into my photography so the cable car at sunset might be a winner!!

Just one last question, I've read a few reviews that say get your money over there from ATM's to get the better rate etc ... did you opt for this option?

Thanks for your help.

London
6. Re: 5 nights spending money in Dubrovnik Half-board

Hello Rich - glad you found the info helpful. You can ask as many questions as you like and if I can answer them I will or there will always be someone who can help here. I lurked on this forum for weeks and weeks before I went and everyone was very helpful.

The exchange rate is better over there. I changed some money here before we went - enough for a couple of days just so that I didn't have to panic whilst getting my bearings and trying to find banks (there are two in the old town and everyone speaks English in the banks). I did a complete mix - I took sterling, my debit card and the back-up credit card. Most people on this forum do tend to go for the ATM option.

If there's anything else ....... just ask.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 41
7. Re: 5 nights spending money in Dubrovnik Half-board

We have gone with the ATM just because of the convenience..they are everywhere.

8. Re: 5 nights spending money in Dubrovnik Half-board

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 20, 2014