We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less steps for the not so able....

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Australia
reviews: 4
Less steps for the not so able....

Hello all,

I'm spending 3 nights in Dubrovnik with my mother (81 yrs) in April. I think a hotel with a lift in a location that doesn't have too many steps would be great, however, I don't want us to miss out on the views and sights of this beautiful town.

Can anyone suggest accom that has a lift, is in a location that perhaps is not quite so steep but will lead us to the main sight? (or maybe I'm just dreaming:)

Thank you for your replies

zagreb
reviews: 7
1. Re: Less steps for the not so able....

Good hotels along the seafront ie Excelsior have lifts down to the beach, I think!?

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
2. Re: Less steps for the not so able....

Your best choice is the Hilton Imperial, close to the old town entrance with the least amount of steps. Far enough from the noises of the town for a good nights rest.

Excelsior is a lovely property, but it is an uphill walk from the old town to the hotel entrance.

Edited: 9:11 am, February 20, 2013
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 41
3. Re: Less steps for the not so able....

I was also thinking the Hilton.

Brighton, England
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
reviews: 38
4. Re: Less steps for the not so able....

Yes I agree and the Hilton certainly has lifts internally as well as ground floor rooms.

Sf Bay Area
reviews: 30
5. Re: Less steps for the not so able....

Hilton certainly looks like a great choice, after reading the reviews and the TA posts here. But I'm having trouble booking two rooms for the dates I need - unless I'm willing to pay over $500 each night per room. Any other good choices with similar attributes as Hilton - good location, no long uphill hikes, nice hotel, great service? We'd also like boutique or family-run hotels, especially ones that can offer family rooms - larger suites that can fit a family.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
6. Re: Less steps for the not so able....

How many people total, just you and mother or more?

Take a look at this property, not in the old town but you can either ride the bus or take a taxi. You will find no family run hotels in the old town.

www.kazbekdubrovnik.com/default-en.html

Victoria, Australia
reviews: 4
7. Re: Less steps for the not so able....

Thank you all so much for your suggestions - I have booked at the Hilton Imperial, after following up on your recommendations.

Manchester, England
reviews: 58
8. Re: Less steps for the not so able....

Hi all,

I am in a similar position with my Mum. There are three of us travelling but we each need a bedroom. This makes the Hilton too expensive as we are staying for 2 nights, which means the cheapest would be about £1,500 for three rooms over 2 nights.

Are there any less expensive recommendations for hotels, apartments etc.? I've looked at lots and lots of places but I think I need some advice from people who have been there.

Regards, Paul

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 10
9. Re: Less steps for the not so able....

We used this site to find our apartment. They have a lot of info on their rentals, including the number of steps to get the property and flights of stairs on the property. Also, when I contacted them, they were quick to respond to my questions. I'm sure they'd even recommend some apartments with less or no steps if you ask. We booked one of their "Troubadour" apartments which is just outside the Ploce gate with very few steps to walk to old town.

http://www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com/

They were also very easy to deal with for making a deposit and payment.

Edited: 1:15 pm, March 19, 2013
10. Re: Less steps for the not so able....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 21, 2014