We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to croatia

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 5
first time to croatia

Hi , we ' re planning a beach holiday to croatia in June , but would like to be near a town too - any tips or advice on choice ? Is weather warm this time of year too? Thank you .

Split, Croatia
1. Re: first time to croatia

Weather is great in June, very warm.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 41
2. Re: first time to croatia

Any idea what airport you will fly into in Croatia?

Brighton, England
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
reviews: 38
3. Re: first time to croatia

June is a great time - long days, getting hot, sea warm enoughj for swimming. The Adriatic coast is 100s of miles long so your entry/exit points are important.

Florence, Italy
reviews: 74
4. Re: first time to croatia

Go to the island of Rab, find accomodation in the old town.

have a nice vacation!

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
reviews: 3
5. Re: first time to croatia

As Jude says it all depends on which airports you fly into and out of before anyone can give you advice. And yes June is a great month to be in Croatia.

N IRELAND
reviews: 6
6. Re: first time to croatia

we are hoping to go to Dubrovnik in july with two 14 year-old boys who will be looking for water parks/swimming pools and some activities. the adults like good food some scenery - is there a good beach or should we stay out of the city - need some general advice. Thanks

Atlanta
reviews: 8
7. Re: first time to croatia

For N Irelander: Mali Losinj.

www.tz-malilosinj.hr/Default.aspx?lang=en-GB

reviews: 81
8. Re: first time to croatia

Hi ILUVHOLS...

Dubrovnik is a pretty 'happening' place; my (young adult now) kids would have liked it if I'd taken them when they were teens though. They would have been all over the ancient city; climbing around the wall and going up the chairlift etc as well as asking for boat trips to the nearby islands.

I don't remember a water park being there but I wasn't looking for one either this time around so don't quote that as gospel; perhaps make sure you have accoms with a pool. There are beaches that are fine; given they are 14 they may try to con you into the 'au natural' sections though LOL. :)

reviews: 81
9. Re: first time to croatia

Hi Swimer

Not sure what part of coast you are thinking of but we really liked the coast from Trogir up to Zadar (and Ciovo island just opposite Trogir had some okay beach spots too as well as a few just north of Trogir). Trogir is gorgeous; well worth a couple of nights at least (I could stay there quite a while)!

We also loved Omis, just south of Split and of course we enjoyed Dubrovnik heaps too.

I haven't been higher than Zadar so can't give advice further north.

Some of the islands like Hvar, Brac, Vis, Korucla, Mljet etc are lovely and have good smallish towns near to some nice (mostly pebbly) beaches. Towns we loved on the islands were Komiza at Vis, Milna at Brac, Vela Luka and Korcula town on Korcula. Just enough to do but easy to jump on a bike or hire a car and get to a secluded bay... :)

10. Re: first time to croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 08, 2014