We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IS 10 days enough in croasia

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 5
IS 10 days enough in croasia

I was thinking when visiting croatia in May to spend 4 days in Dubrovnic, take ferry to Split, stay 2 night, train to Zagreb, sleep two nights an take train to Ljubjana and stay two nights. Fly back home from there.

Will it be ok or is it best to see less for a longer period. Like only Dubrovnic and Split? I want to make most of the trip but I realize that I am going to spend a lot of time on the road, or water. What do you think?

Split, Croatia
reviews: 28
1. Re: IS 10 days enough in croasia

Perhaps you'll find it interesting if you spend few more days in Split and use it as a base to visit nearby places like Trogir (also UNESCO World Heritage site), ruins of Roman regional capital Salona, Krka Waterfalls National Park or even take a day trip to the islands Brac or Hvar.

Local tourist board website http://www.dalmatia.hr/

has more detailed info on what the Split region has to offer

And one slight correction, Ljubljana is in Slovenia, so this schedule means be 8 days in Croatia

Enjoy your trip!

Regards,

Vedran

http://app.lk/mxcroatia - free mobile guide

Johannesburg, South...
2. Re: IS 10 days enough in croasia

Yes you are right Thought it would be nice to spend two days In slovenia Should I rather spend time in split and leave Zagreb

Split, Croatia
3. Re: IS 10 days enough in croasia

I would definitely recommend it. Though I must confess to be a bit biased in considering Split to be the most beautiful town in the world :)

If you are looking to explore many different attractions, than using Split as a base is a practical solution. In addition in early May is the celebration of city's patron saint, with a whole week of the festivities.

Johannesburg, South...
4. Re: IS 10 days enough in croasia

Thanks for your advice it is always difficult to make decitions on something that you are not familiar of Will it be easy to make use of public transport in split or do we need a rental car it can be stressfull to drive in a foreigh country

Split, Croatia
5. Re: IS 10 days enough in croasia

All the major attractions in Split are accessible by foot from city centre or by public transport.

A car might be useful if you want to go sightseeing to places around Split.

Johannesburg, South...
6. Re: IS 10 days enough in croasia

Thankyou for your advice you were very helpfull

7. Re: IS 10 days enough in croasia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 30, 2014