We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose the best dates for a hiking trip in Croatia!

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas
reviews: 4
Help me choose the best dates for a hiking trip in Croatia!

Hi, I have a wonderful decision to make, but I need help making it!

I am going on a hiking trip in Croatia in September. I have to pick one of 2 dates: Sept. 4 -17 OR Sept. 18 - Oct. 1. Other than the dates, the trips are just the same.

I am mostly concerned about the weather. I have read many weather-related posts on Tripadvisor, but most concern the best swimming weather.

If I take the trip that starts Sept. 4, will that be too hot for comfortable hiking, so the second trip would be better? OR, does fall come quickly in Croatia in Sept. and will be last part of the month have considerably more rain?

And what about the crowds? Will it still be extremely crowded the first week of Sept?

We will be staying in Dubrovnik, Makarska and Trogir.

I realize the trip choices are close together, but it seems like a huge decision--and one that can be made logically!

Which trip should I take--early Sept. or late Sept.??

Thanks!

zagreb
reviews: 6
11. Re: Help me choose the best dates for a hiking trip in Croatia!

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA2SJxr5YWM

Kansas
reviews: 4
12. Re: Help me choose the best dates for a hiking trip in Croatia!

What a beautiful video! Thank you!

13. Re: Help me choose the best dates for a hiking trip in Croatia!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 31, 2014