We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik Old Town

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rome, Italy
Dubrovnik Old Town

I'm debating where to stay inside Old Town or right outside (at the Hilton). I understand that it's close but will I be going up/down many steps every time I go into Old Town? Are the restuarants mainly in Old Town? Traveling with a 2.5 year, thus the question. Thanks.

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 11
1. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

The Hilton would be a short walk to the Pile gate - about 5 minutes. The only stairs you'll encounter are those at the gate.

Restaurants are mostly in Old Town but there are a couple around the Hilton.

Perhaps an apartment may be even more convenient with a small child?

We stayed in apartment just outside of the Ploce gate, at the other end of the old town. There are no stairs at the Ploce gate but many of the apartments in this area have quite a few.

We used this Dubrovnik Apartment Source to find our apartment as we weren't wanting too many stairs either. We found their descriptions quite good and they were very responsive to any questions I had. We stayed in the Troubadour apartment which was a 5 minute walk to Old Town with a bakery and grocery store very near by.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 8
2. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

The Hilton has a great location near the Pile entrance so that would be a good place to stay. Apartments are nice like DebinthePeg said so maybe that is something you might want to look into.

3. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:06 pm, January 30, 2013
Edited: 7:06 pm, January 30, 2013
reviews: 1
4. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

DebinthePeg, I am thinking of staying at Troubadour Apartments or Bijele Apartments in Old Town. Were you happy at Troubadour or do you think it would be better to be in the Old Town? It looks a very short walk to the Gate.

Was there much noise around the area at night?

Thanks for you advice

Edited: 10:01 pm, April 01, 2013
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
5. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

During high season the young adults party until the wee hours and deliveries begin very early. Stay either in Ploce or Pile areas. Much better choice.

Edited: 1:58 am, April 02, 2013
6. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

Thanks dubrovniktravelady,

As I understand Troubadour Apartments are in Ploce so am hoping it would be quiet but there looks like a large car park very close.

Bijele Apartments (old town) say they have soundproofed their windows??

Another option is Lausion Apartment (old town) but it does look like its close to the cathedral, how often do the bells chime?

We are travelling late June, we would love to stay in the Old Town, but not much point if we arent going to be able to sleep!

Thanks for your advice

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
7. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

I agree with Dubrovniktravelady. The old town can be incredibly noisy until late into the night. I personally wouldn't want it for myself and certainly not with a 2.5 year old You would be much better off outside the Pile or Ploce gates

8. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 04, 2014