We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Festival crowds

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, MB
reviews: 11
Summer Festival crowds

We have booked a 7 day stay from July 7 -13. I was hoping for some nice quiet evening strolls but understand that the Summer Festival begins the 10th of July. Are the streets really crowded?

Are there fireworks, street dancing?

Winnipeg, MB
1. Re: Summer Festival crowds

I am getting excited but have had no responce to my post:(

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
2. Re: Summer Festival crowds

Opening night has fireworks and a short program with some dancing. Yes the town will be busy, it is high season and the festival events are during the evening hours. Opening night is the big event, you will find the main promenade jammed with people, but other nights will be better.

dubrovnik-festival.hr/dubrovnik-summer-festi…

Winnipeg, MB
3. Re: Summer Festival crowds

Thank you, sounds like fun and we will have a lovely terrace to watch the fireworks from!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
4. Re: Summer Festival crowds

The fireworks are best seen at the old pier, not from inside the old town. If you are staying in Ploce area, the view will be good.

Winnipeg, MB
5. Re: Summer Festival crowds

Villa Adriatica has an awesome terrace;)

6. Re: Summer Festival crowds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 24, 2014