We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or Taxi?

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Bus or Taxi?

We are arriving in Dubrovnik at the end of February and staying at the Hotel Excelsior. I know you can get a bus from the airport into Dubrovnik My question is how far roughly is it from the bus stop do the hotel itself or would you advise a taxi?

Thanks

Durham
reviews: 7
1. Re: Bus or Taxi?

About 10-15 minutes walk from Pile Gate. You'd be walking through the middle of the Old Town, so if you have not got heavy luggage and the weather is reasonable it's a very good introduction to Dubrovnik. Otherwise get a taxi from the airport or Pile Gate. On the return journey the airport bus stops next to the cable car station which is a shorter distance from your hotel.

UK
2. Re: Bus or Taxi?

OK, thank you for that. Will have a look at the map so I have an idea. Dont mind rain, am used to it as born in Ireland and living in the UK. Luggage on wheels so as long as they last the walk it should be easy.

London, United...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Bus or Taxi?

Hi,

Looks like we are on the same trip. I fly out to Dubrovnik Thurs 28th from LGW at 11:10 and staying at the Excelsior. I intend to catch the bus into town (and see if the bus driver will drop us off as the bus goes right past the hotel) otherwise it is a walk or Bus 5 or 6 back to the hotel from Pile Gate. Happy to join you on the bus adverture.

UK
4. Re: Bus or Taxi?

Sharing an adventure sounds like an interesting option.

Have sent you a message

5. Re: Bus or Taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 24, 2014