We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment in which area of Dubrovnik??

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 28
apartment in which area of Dubrovnik??

We are looking to rent an apartment as a base - any suggestions

12 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 8
1. Re: apartment in which area of Dubrovnik??

Hi we are going therein July and are looking at rock palace in Dubrovnik looks nice and seems to be close to old town by foot which is what where looking for its in pile. Just outside the gates of old town.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
reviews: 2
2. Re: apartment in which area of Dubrovnik??

If you like a spectacular view but don't mind steps have a look at the Ploce area.

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 11
3. Re: apartment in which area of Dubrovnik??

We used this web site to find our apartment in Dubrovnik. The site has lot's of good info on the apartments shown. They were very quick to respond to questions I had. Easy to pay through pay pal and then the balance upon arrival when you meet with the apartment owner.

http://www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com/home

We rented their "Troubadour 2" apartment. Great location. Decent view. Very close to Old Town and the Ploce gate, a 5 minute walk, with minimal stairs. Along with being close to all the sites in Old Town Dubrovnik and the bus, there was also a bakery just across the road and a grocery store down the street.

Fort Saskatchewan...
reviews: 117
4. Re: apartment in which area of Dubrovnik??

Hi! DebinthePeg, regarding the Troubadour 2 apartment, what are the views of? the sea or the old town? Is there a balcony? Walking distance to restaurants? Do u have any pics? Thanks 😀😀

5. Re: apartment in which area of Dubrovnik??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:06 pm, January 30, 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
6. Re: apartment in which area of Dubrovnik??

Tracey,

View was of the old town and the sea behind it, but not from up high, like some of the other apartments in the Ploce area. You don't have the stairs but then you don't get quite as good of a view. There is a very nice size balcony with some furniture. We enjoyed it.

There is a bakery right across the street. The apartment is close to all restaurants as it is a 5 minute walk to old town so you have quick access to all there restaurants there. There are some outside the old town as well.

Konzum grocery store is also about a 5 minute walk. We were able to get everything we needed there.

Edited: 8:49 am, January 18, 2013
Fort Saskatchewan...
reviews: 117
7. Re: apartment in which area of Dubrovnik??

Thanks..i booked an apartment called Ashley from the link u provided ..it is a 15 minute walk to the Old Town with a great view over the Sea..thanks for the info i probably wouldn't have found that apartment if it wasn't for your link DebinthePeg :)

Winnipeg, Canada
8. Re: apartment in which area of Dubrovnik??

Glad you were able to find something!

Las Vegas, Nevada...
reviews: 105
9. Re: apartment in which area of Dubrovnik??

I am staying in the Ashley apartment now, wish I could write a review but it doesn't seem to be listed here. The apartment itself is beautiful, just a pictured but is lacking some important things. Can't seem to get enough hot water to get through washing just my hair let alone a full shower, only 2 small towels per couple. Owner referred a "car service" but happened to be a friend-who was VERY kind and a good driver but a really dirty & old car. Owners or managers need to make a few changes to make it better, but the location is perfect. Next time I will be staying in the hotel just steps away (Bellevue) the staff has been so kind to us although we are not staying there.

Las Vegas, Nevada...
reviews: 105
10. Re: apartment in which area of Dubrovnik??

oh, and the main thing that needs improvement, Big thing for me, I went to lay my head on a pillow after being exhausted from traveling & there was some sort of crusty stuff on it!!!!!! EW! I was more than pissed....also had to make the bed myself, sheets were not on already on the bed. Things that should have been done. And in my mind, if the pillow cases aren't cleaned, what else looks clean but is not! Just an FYI. I wouldn't cancel, but certainly don't utlilize the "driver" and bring your own pillow.

Reply to: apartment in which area of Dubrovnik??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted