We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Saskatchewan...
reviews: 123
1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

We will be in Amsterdam in Sept 2013 and will have I week available to spend in Croatia! Originally had more time but my husbands work got in the way! From what I can see there a only nonstop flights from Amsterdam to Zagreb, so based on that what do u recommend we do for that week? Fly to Dubrovnik and spend most time there? Or a cruise ( any recco's on a cruise or sailing trip)? Any other suggestions? We are in early to mid 50's, looking for midrange places to stay with great views in good locations, good restaurants, culture, shopping (night life not required) although we love to sit and have a few drinks🍻Thanks😀

New York City, New...
11. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

My friend from New York did a week cruise on a smaller motor yacht in Croatia last summer.She came back with many beautiful things to say and she actually did her own itinerary with her friends, so they managed to see all the hot spots.

As far as I can remember, they started in Split, went to islands of Hvar, Brac, Korcula, Vis and ended the week by visiting Dubrovnik... I think she booked through NY company...I think ti was www.navigarecharter.com or something, but I would definitelly look into that option because you are your own boss as far as timing and destinations...

Perth, Australia
reviews: 1
12. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

Hi am going to Croatia myself in October 2013. Look at following sites.

www.etn.nl/lcosteur.htm Low cost flights, Amsterdam to Dubrovnik $222 to $475, 1 stop. Dubrovnik to London $150 Sorry don't know your nationality but prices are in US here but can be found in Euro or Pound.

www.bestsingletravel.com Look for Optional trips on right of page. Anyone can do these. Have booked three trips, one to Montenegro and the other to Bosnia. Also doing a wine trip.

Accommodation, using airbnb, reasonable places, good prices. Place for me is a bed and clean, don't require much but they all look good and someone I know said no problems.

Garry

Perth

Fort Saskatchewan...
reviews: 123
13. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

Thank you, I found an apartment through http://www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com

Will also be doing the trip to Bosnia & Montenegro 😁😁

Will check out ur links, thanks!

Sydney, Australia
14. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

Hi,

I will be in Croatia late August 2013. I want to sail around the islands.

Can anyone recommend a tour company that runs boats. I've been looking at Sail Croatia, can anyone give an opinion on them? I was looking at booking an above deck ensuite cabin. Are their boats nice? I will be travelling by myself and am 23 yrs old, so something with other young solo travelers would be preferred.

Also which is the best port to leave from? Dubrovnik or Split. I want to head up to Pag after the boat tour so which town would be better to end in? Is there any difference doing a round trip as apposed to going from Dubrovnik to Split or vise versa.

Thanks!

Split, Croatia
15. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

Shufls, deffinetly sail from Dubrovnik to Split. That way you will save cca 5hours on bus drive to get to Pag.

Sydney, Australia
16. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

Thanks Goran!

I have booked a tour with Sail Croatia departing from Split and returning there.

Any advice on the best way to get to Pag from Split?

17. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 25, 2014