We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Saskatchewan...
reviews: 129
1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

We will be in Amsterdam in Sept 2013 and will have I week available to spend in Croatia! Originally had more time but my husbands work got in the way! From what I can see there a only nonstop flights from Amsterdam to Zagreb, so based on that what do u recommend we do for that week? Fly to Dubrovnik and spend most time there? Or a cruise ( any recco's on a cruise or sailing trip)? Any other suggestions? We are in early to mid 50's, looking for midrange places to stay with great views in good locations, good restaurants, culture, shopping (night life not required) although we love to sit and have a few drinks🍻Thanks😀

Dubrovnik, Croatia
1. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

Week in Dubrovnik will be great for you... Good drink and food with lot od culture :)

You can do daytrips to local islands , Mostar, Ston or Montenegro...

2. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:47 am, December 19, 2012
Poole, England...
3. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

Charter a private skippered yacht - It's the best way to make the most of the stunning Croatian coast & Islands

4. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, December 26, 2012
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 40
5. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

I like the idea of Dubrovnik with day trips from there in your week!

Fort Saskatchewan...
reviews: 129
6. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

I'm thinking doing day trips from Dubrovnik would be best choice also! So where to stay & where to go? Looking for a good location close to restaurants & shopping with good views, around the $200.00 mark??

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 40
7. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

Look in the Ploce area which will give you great views of the Old Town walls but the negative will be that you will have to climb some stairs to get that view!

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 8
8. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

Hi.

Do u have recommendations or where to look for private skipper hire.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 82
9. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

Any charter recommendations ?

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 82
10. Re: 1 Week in Croatia, Recommendations?

Looking to cruise in Croatia - recommendations ? Or do trips from Dubrovnik on a daily basis..based in town..any comments or advice ?