We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather /Swimming in May/June

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra, Australia
Weather /Swimming in May/June

Love this website.

I am planning a solo trip to the Dalamatian Coast May/June 2013 for 10 days, staying in Dubrovnik. I wish to swim and sightsee and eat so would like warm, not hot, weather. What is the temp. like for May? Can you provide any threads to this question in the Forum?

Also, wish to stay in a private home as I am a mature single woman and need a base so I can to travel around - any ideas? I've checked out airbnb - has anyone tried any of the places?

Is the best way to have a "home base" then do day trips ? Dubrovnik seems the most central for doing this but any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Durham
reviews: 7
1. Re: Weather /Swimming in May/June

June is better than May for swimming, although you can swim in May if hardy. For Dalmatia as a whole Dubrovnik is not really central.It's in thes outh.

Brighton, England
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
reviews: 38
2. Re: Weather /Swimming in May/June

Dubrovnik is pretty much the most southerly point in Dalmatia and Croatia as a whole. On the plus side as it is further south you often get the best weather so can swim earlier. I always swim the first week of June up by Split (much more central to Dalmatia) and it can be a bit cold to get in the sea but once in is lovely. If May has good weather you can swim and people do.

Porec, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
reviews: 16
3. Re: Weather /Swimming in May/June

We swim in May (we spend each May in Croatia) without any problem but then we are from rigid Alberta, Canada, so the sea in May is warm for us! May is a gorgeous time to go as it is fresh and green and lush. June is wonderful, too.

Vancouver, Canada
4. Re: Weather /Swimming in May/June

June is a better time to go swimming than May.

Canberra, Australia
5. Re: Weather /Swimming in May/June

Thank you all for your replies.

It actually gets cold in Autsralia - I know, who would have thought! - so am used to the cold.

Perhaps I'll visit some Greek Islands in May then go to Croatia in mid-June.

Any hints for the best Greek Isle??

Brighton, England
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
reviews: 38
6. Re: Weather /Swimming in May/June

I've been to Greece in May and that wasn't any warmer so far as the sea goes. You would need to go far south - say Crete. Also, check out travel between Greece and Croatia - despite being geographically close on the map they aren't necessarily easy to travel between. Croatia is cheaper than Greece too due to the Euro.

Yorkshire
reviews: 48
7. Re: Weather /Swimming in May/June

Have always gone in June, and perfect weather. Not too hot (there can be exceptions) and water nice for swimming. Room on the beaches as well.

May according to reports can be 'hit and miss' also; the tourist season hasn't really got going.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
reviews: 1
8. Re: Weather /Swimming in May/June

We are in Istria (in the North of Croatia -many miles from Dubrovnik) every June and enjoy swimming. June is a lovely month to go.

Canberra, Australia
9. Re: Weather /Swimming in May/June

Thanks again. Its exhausting just doing the research and this site really helps l

10. Re: Weather /Swimming in May/June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, December 16, 2013