We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My trip list

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 122
My trip list

Hi

Thought I'd put up my trip list from October...need to scroll down to Dubrovnik, Cavtat, and also Montenegro and Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina as we did the latter two by day bus tours.

Also you'd find many reviews on my contribution pages fro where we ate, the walls, the cable car etc.

We stayed 7 nights inside the Old Town on a flat street 2 over and parallel to the main street, the Stradun and a few mins walk in from Pile Gate.

May be of interest for some.

tripadvisor.com.au/GoListDetail-i31967-Mount…

Brighton, England
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
reviews: 38
1. Re: My trip list

Sounds great - and as you only saw Dubrovnik, when you return you have the rest of Croatia to see!

Brisbane, Australia
2. Re: My trip list

Hi Jude C

Thanks and yes we should have if we had time taken in more of Croatia but alas with the budget, the time etc. we were limited. As you probably saw we came down through Munich, Innsbruck, the Dolomites Italy, and the aim was to just do Italy and places we either missed before or spent only a day in. So we did Venice, which I had missed, Florence (other person only had a day there whereas I had 5, then as our itinerary progressed I though lets hop over to Dubrovnik for a week to relax from training or busing it everywhere, We tacked it on and I am very glad we did as we got to see the lovely Bay of Kotor,Montenegro and the town of Mostar in Bosnia and Montenegro on a rainy day which didn't do the site justice but still we did see it. We only went to Cavtat which we both loved and ambled around near Gruz harbour but I would have loved to get to Hvar and Split ...well never know I might be back that way and perhaps do Slovenia, some of Croatia and venture inland to Slovakia...we will see..meanwhile Canada and Alaska are pulling me in their direction.

Had a lovely holiday and mixed with the locals and I really enjoyed staying in this beautiful old town.

Porec, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
reviews: 16
3. Re: My trip list

So glad you had such a lovely holiday. You managed to see a lot which is great. Thanks for posting a very good report!

I live in Alberta, Canada, and parts of it are beautiful. We have had snow on the ground for a few weeks now and temps of -20C already. But the snow on the trees is gorgeous.

Brisbane, Australia
4. Re: My trip list

Hi Chefathome.

Yes the holiday was great and we managed the mountains, lakes and the sea....I prefer to base for some time in an area rather that do a mad rush through countries a day here and there...hence the week in Dubrovnik.

Probably when we do get over to your neck of the woods we will be driving..and hopefully book into some apartments in good locations where we can kick back and enjoy our time there...I am def wanting to see the rockies especially...just love mountains and the sea..can forget the big cities as I love nature and small towns moreso.

Look out for me sometime down the track when I start the itinerary...had started to sus it out before this trip as it over rode it this time...but NOT next!

I'd love to see snow...but prefer the snow capped mountains moreso.

I have on favourites a fantastic apartment on Vancouver Island also with a water view and deck...must keep that in mind!

Porec, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
5. Re: My trip list

It's best to drive, that is for certain. And a rustic rural getaway is far more appealing than a city hotel. There are lovely cabins and B&Bs. That place on Vancouver Island sounds brilliant! I just know that when you decide to go you will have a fabulous time. Maybe you can go white water rafting if that is your thing! British Columbia is famous for that. We've gone several times.

Brisbane, Australia
6. Re: My trip list

Not sure about the white water rafting, more a walker, and into sight seeing, photographer, painter and like to have a leisurely time and mix with the locals...but you never know...

Yes I have always wanted to get over there...and you are tempting me to get the itinerary started...perhaps next year

Msida, Malta
reviews: 2
7. Re: My trip list

Chefahome - I used to live in Edmonton and did enjoy the colder weather at the time but now with last weeks temps here in Korcula being from 19c/23c plus think I will stick to the winters here !! Very warm and sunny today too - do not think my body could take the cold temps again after moving here permanent nearly 8 years ago !

Porec, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
8. Re: My trip list

Korcula, really? Edmonton? What made you move to Korcula? Well, I can see how you would want to, but how does it work with residency? Perhaps I should PM you about this as I have questions...

9. Re: My trip list

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 25, 2013