We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy access to apartments.

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 80
Easy access to apartments.

I was wondering if there is any advice for an apartment that is in the ploce area, terrace with views and less stairs as possible.

I have considered Villa Gloria, Apartment Sipa, Villa Adriatica, Lukre 2,Apt Silvia and various others. I haven't posted links as there are around 8 different ones I'm looking at.

I hope that someone is familiar with any of these and can offer some advice regarding easy accessibility,

Thank you.

Claremont...
1. Re: Easy access to apartments.

We stayed in Apts. Sipa and realized after using the steep stairways to the main road several times that the road just above the apartments is another way to walk to the old town and avoid all stairs except the ones within the apartment complex.You'll miss the pussycats sunning themselves on the steps, and it's a longer walk along a busy road, but much gentler slope that you can take as slowly as you wish. Others had posted about this but we couldn't figure it out until we were there. If stairs are a problem in general, do not walk the old walls. Most of the cities/towns we visited had lots of stairs.

Melbourne, Australia
2. Re: Easy access to apartments.

I looked into the sipa apartments, did you find that the apartment A was lower down? I understand that they're not all on the same floor.

Which one did you stay in and how was your experience, they look lovely and the view looks stunning.

Thanks for the info.

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 11
3. Re: Easy access to apartments.

We stayed in this apartment. A few minutes to walk to the Ploce gate with little stairs. The view is not as good because it is lower but it had a very nice terrace. There also is a Troubdour 1 apartment that is one floor above with a slightly better view.

http://www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com/page.asp?DASID=D02401&AptName=Troubadour+2&GBU=%2FApt%5FnewSearch%2Easp%3FSType%3D2%26sNM%3D%26sLA%3D1%26sL%3D2%26sSD%3D26%26sSM%3D4%26sSY%3D2012%26sED%3D30%26sEM%3D4%26sEY%3D2012%26sAT%3D0%26sP%3D100%26CP%3D2

http://www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com/page.asp?DASID=D02400&AptName=Troubadour+1&GBU=%2FApt%5FnewSearch%2Easp%3FSType%3D2%26sNM%3Dtroubadour%2B1%26sLA%3D1%26sL%3D0%26sSD%3Ddd%26sSM%3Dmm%26sSY%3Dyyyy%26sED%3Ddd%26sEM%3Dmm%26sEY%3Dyyyy%26sAT%3D0%26sP%3D9999

Edited: 11:50 am, November 11, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
4. Re: Easy access to apartments.

I'm reading the link as Troubadour 1 or 2.

I'll add it to the list and thanks for the info.

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 11
5. Re: Easy access to apartments.

For the Troubadour apartments I should have mentioned some other things about the location:

There is a bakery right across the street, open early every morning

Konzum grocery store is about a 5 minute walk

Cable car is a one minute walk

Bus stop for bus to Cavtat is a one minute walk

Bus stop heading to Lapad/Babun Kuk a few minutes walk

All of these accessible with little or no stairs. We were really pleased with the location and it's proximity to everything.

Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: Easy access to apartments.

The apartment sounds great but I think it would be a shame to go to Dubrovnik and not want a view. For a few days I'm certain we can do the climb for that.

It's a tough choice when it comes to apartments, so many to choose from.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 40
7. Re: Easy access to apartments.

Absolutely agree about the view...might as well get your money's worth and have a great view when you wake up! I didn't mind the stairs after eating so much either!

Melbourne, Australia
8. Re: Easy access to apartments.

I'm going to write to a few owner of the apartments that interest me and ask them how to get up and down. Some say there's a road that's not bad, others say there are only stairs, others say there's a bus so I have to check it all out.

I like Villa Gloria, Sipa apartments and villa adriatica, they're at the top for now but hey....it always changes .

Trouble is the more you know the more confused you get, at least I do anyway.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
reviews: 2
9. Re: Easy access to apartments.

Have a look at Aerie Apartment 1. We stayed there and the view was out of this world. We were worried about the stairs but they weren’t too bad. The view was well worth the walk up. It took us about 10 minutes to walk down to the old town and 15 minutes to walk back up. On our last day we found out that we didn’t have to take the stairs all the way down only to the street that the cable car is on then we could have walked along the street. But like I said we didn’t think the stairs were that bad, better than we thought. We booked through Dubrovnik Apartment Source. They were wonderful too deal with and if we ever went too Dubrovnik again we would stay there. I'm sorry, I hope I haven't confused you any more.

www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com/page.asp…

I forgot to mention that the stairs aren't steep like a staircase. There is like a landing in-between each step so that makes it easier to walk up.

Edited: 6:32 pm, November 12, 2012
RP
reviews: 12
10. Re: Easy access to apartments.

Try apartment Ina (pero-sutic@yahoo.com) - the family also has two other apartments at that location (Emmy I and II). We stayed there in September and it was wonderful. It's about a 10 minute walk to the Ploce Gate, 5 minutes to the main beach, and has a beautiful garden attached to the Ina apartment with an amazing view of the old town. It's right off the main road (Frana Supila) and there are only about 15 steps from the street to the apartment. You can find pictures on line if you type in the names of the apartments....