We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning flight - in the town or near airport?

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aarhus, Denmark
Early morning flight - in the town or near airport?

Hi,

I will pay a visit to Dubrovnik and leaving early Sunday morning at 6:30am next week. Is that convenient to get to the airport at that time? Or should I just live around the airport the day before?

Minnesota
reviews: 3
1. Re: Early morning flight - in the town or near airport?

We also had a flight to Zagreb at 6:30 am and were staying in Lapad which is on the other side of Old Town. My wife is sort of paranoid about flights so we got to the airport at 4:35 am which is the usual two hours before a flight in the United States. The hotel arranged for a taxi to pick us up at 4:00 but the driver was early.

Well, we got to the terminal and it was deserted except for one patrolling security officer and a cat that seemed to know its way around. Personnel began arriving about 5:00 and we were able to get a boarding pass a bit before 5:30. There was only a flight to Zagreb leaving at that time. A couple of tour groups showed up but there really weren't that many people. Security was very quick.

The cab ride was either 200 or 250 kuna. I forget exactly. You can decide, but I would stay again in Lapad and do the same thing. (Except not give in to my wife and get at least 45 more minutes of sleep.)

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 40
2. Re: Early morning flight - in the town or near airport?

Staying in Cavtat might be an idea even though good advice has already been given to you.

Aarhus, Denmark
3. Re: Early morning flight - in the town or near airport?

Thanks for the advice. Are there any other transportation forms other than the cab? I heard there is a bus but I am not sure if it runs that early?

Durham
reviews: 7
4. Re: Early morning flight - in the town or near airport?

There should be an airport shuttle bus from the main Dubrovnik bus station and also stopping near the lower station of the Dubrovnik cable car.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 122
5. Re: Early morning flight - in the town or near airport?

Hi

this is my review of Cheap Dubrovnik Tours which we used to get to the Old Town and around 8pm at night ...I kept in touch with the manager via email and confirmed it the day before also. No problems but not sure what time they work... try emailling the company.

tripadvisor.com.au/…REVIEWS

6. Re: Early morning flight - in the town or near airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 03, 2013