We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days- Dalmation Coast

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
10 days- Dalmation Coast

I am traveling to the Dalmation Coast for 10 days. I want to see Dubrovnik, Split, Hvar and Korcula.

I am wondering how many days to stay in each place and also if there is a favored order of traveling?

Also, once in Dubrovnik, what nearby islands should I go? Day trips!

Please advise

Camino CA
reviews: 22
1. Re: 10 days- Dalmation Coast

We just returned a week ago after 13 days in Croatia and visited the same places you mentioned, with the addition of Plitvice Lakes (stunning!). We started in Dubrovnik (had a two-day conference to attend), then went to Korcula for 2 nights, Hvar for 2 nights, Split for one night, then rented a car and drove to the lakes for an overnight so we'd have an early start before the crowds and heat (highly recommend), then drove to Zagreb for the night before our flight home the next morning. This itinerary worked very well for us...enough time for exploring and a little afternoon relaxing!

Camino CA
reviews: 22
2. Re: 10 days- Dalmation Coast

Oh, and as for day trips from Dubrovnik, we used Cheap Dubrovnik Tours to travel to Montenegro/Bay of Kotor and found it very beautiful. We chose this tour to avoid the crowds on a day four cruise ships were in port! Enjoy your trip! We can't wait to return!

Ashford Kent uk
3. Re: 10 days- Dalmation Coast

This is really helpful , could you tell me where you stayed, in each area and how you booked the accomodation and if you would recommend theses places . We are a family with older teenage children .

Florida
reviews: 63
4. Re: 10 days- Dalmation Coast

I'm also hoping to get to Croatia this summer. I'd like to see dubrovnick, hvar, and the other island. I'll have about 4 days total and flying RT from Germany. Any recommendations on the easiest way to travel? I don't know the distance from airport in Croatia or Dubrovnick to Split or in between.

thank you-

Virginia
reviews: 1
5. Re: 10 days- Dalmation Coast

arianaalex, where are you flying into/out of? What month? Do you prefer nature or sightseeing? Will you be renting a car or using public transport?

I like: 2 days Dubrovnik (could do an island day trip to Elafiti islands on your full day if you prefer, or just do a short hop over to Lokrum, or just get island time on Hvar and Korcula)

bus to Korcula (the 4 hr bus goes on a ferry at the end) for three days

ferry to Hvar for three days IF the ferry is running (why we need to know time of year)

Ferry to Split/Trogir for final 2 nights.

The above is of course if you are flying into Dubrovnik and out of Split, so when you fill in details let me know what you think of the above suggestions and I will adjust advice. I don't think you need a car the entire time, but I often suggest renting one while on an island such as Korcula, so you can get to the more secluded beaches and see scenery.

South Africa
reviews: 39
6. Re: 10 days- Dalmation Coast

We are planning a trip to Croatia in June 2013. Will be comming from Venice. What is the best option of transport from Venice. We would like to see Dubrovnik, stay for 2 days and from there do some island hopping, stay on a island for a day or two. We have a week (7days) for this. Any suggestions on which route (islands) to choose and how to get there?

Brighton, England
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
7. Re: 10 days- Dalmation Coast

It might be easier to fly from Venice to Dubrovnik as they are at opposite ends of the country, then see the islands that are accessible from Dubrovnik inlcuding Korcula. From where will you exit Croatia?

South Africa
8. Re: 10 days- Dalmation Coast

Will it be possible to fly from Venice to Dubrovnik, see some islands and then return from Split to Venice? What would be the highlights to see. Would love to spend some time in and around Dubrovnik, and would love to see beautiful islands and spend some time on nice beaches.

9. Re: 10 days- Dalmation Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 02, 2014