We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings planners in Dubrovnik

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Weddings planners in Dubrovnik

Hello,

After searching different locations - we have decided to get married in Dubrovnik in May 2011 and have been in contact with Kristina from DoYouWed,Me - she has seemed great, very helpful and responsive to all our queires. I just wanted to check if anyone has used them or been advised not to use them for any reason?

Thanks Debra x

45 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 15
31. Re: Weddings planners in Dubrovnik

Hi all, we just wanted to share our experience with everyone.

My wife and I got married in Dubrovnik in September of this year. We used Dubrovnik Event, run by Ines Nanic, and her husband Marin.

They made us feel so relaxed every step of the way, from the moment we first visited Dubrovnik on a 'reconnaissance' mission in October 2011. We were already sold on Dubrovnik as a location (stunningly unique and beautiful), all we needed now was for the pieces of the jigsaw to be put together for us. In this respect, we were not disappointed.

We met with Ines and Marin to show us around 4 potential venues for our reception, who brought us by the local ferry to the Island of Kolocep, and the amazing Villa Ruza restaurant. In truth, once we arrived there, we were always going to have our reception in this wonderful outdoor location , sheltered by a canopy of trees, at the end of a little peninsula on the island, looking out onto the sea. We were so impressed, we told them not to bother showing us anywhere else!!! Upon our return from the island we were brought around the other venues Dubrovnik Event use, namely the Excelsior, Neptune, and Argentina hotels, each had their merits and are wonderful in their own right, bur by this stage our hearts were set on the Villa Ruza. In the Excelsior hotel, we then met 2 photographers that Ines and Marin use for their clients. Here we met Veronica Arevalo, and we were very impressed with her work, so we decided there and then we would have her as our wedding day photographer. So that was basically our first encounter with Dubrovnik Event and Ines, and we were very impressed. We had decided to get married in St. Ignatius' Church, which is beautiful, Ines confirmed it was free on the date we wanted it, and went and booked it for us. we returned home happy and excited that our wedding was going to be something special!!!

Over the next 11 months, my wife was in contact with Ines every few days, or should I say every day closer to the big day. Every time, Ines would reply very promptly and courteously, regardless of the request, and was very friendly, witty and helpful in her correspondence, so much so that my now wife Noirin, misses the emails going back and forth!!! We were wondering about where to stay in Dubrovnik, we asked Ines. We wondered where to eat, we asked Ines. We asked where was child friendly, we asked Ines. we wondered where was good for older people in our party, we asked Ines. in fact for everything we asked Ines!! Every one of her recommendations were top class, her knowledge of the city and the network of business contacts are all of the highest order.

To the week of our wedding, we met with Ines on the Monday (we got married on Thursday), to find out everything was in place, hair, make up, floral delivery was all organised. Cars, boat had been booked. All queries or worries were answered. we were assured nothing to worry about, the hard work was being done for us, all we had to do was relax. So we did

Everything went off without a hitch, we could not have been happier. It was the best day ever for us. Ines and Marin had organised everything down to a tee. We were overjoyed. everything ran like clock work. After the church while we had photo shoot, and all the guests were brought to a bar for drinks, and from there we met them on the boat waiting in the old port to take us on the trip to Kolocep. It was a beautiful afternoon, the trip out was spectacular. The staff at the restaurant were wonderful, and the sunset had to be seen to be believed. Food was plentiful and delicious. All we could have asked for.

The boat trip back was special, and a coach met us in the port of Gruz and dropped everyone where they needed to go.

All in all, we had our perfect day, all made possible by Dubrovnik Event. We could not recommend Ines And Marin highly enough. My wife and Ines are still in touch, and we have great memories of the day which will last forever.

England
reviews: 15
32. Re: Weddings planners in Dubrovnik

hi there,

I am looking to get married in croatia!! there are many wedding planners but kristina from doyouwedme seems to respond the quickest and is more than happy to work with my budget! i have also looked into dubrovnik luxury weddings, but for the same things, they seem a lot more expensive. i wanted to speak with someone who has used them! can anyone give me any advice?

thanks

helen x

Split, Croatia
33. Re: Weddings planners in Dubrovnik

Did you ask them? http://www.weddingsincroatia.com/

Aberdeen
34. Re: Weddings planners in Dubrovnik

Has anyone used Dubrovnik Design as a wedding planner? Have been speaking with Ivana who seems really nice.

Also in contact with Kristina of Dubrovnik Luxury Weddings, Steve of Weddings in Dubrovnik and Ines of Dubrovnik Event!

If anyone has any info on these would good to hear from you :)

reviews: 3
35. Re: Weddings planners in Dubrovnik

Hi which wedding planner did you have problems with? I am looking at using Steve from weddings in Dubrovnik? He has been recommended by a friend who use him? X

36. Re: Weddings planners in Dubrovnik

Hi which wedding planner did you use? i am looking at using Steve from weddings in Dubrovnik? He has been recommended by a friend who used him. How did your wedding go?

37. Re: Weddings planners in Dubrovnik

Hi which wedding planner did you use? i am looking at using Steve from weddings in Dubrovnik? He has been recommended by a friend who used him. How did your wedding go?

Leamington Spa...
reviews: 13
38. Re: Weddings planners in Dubrovnik

Hiya, I got married in Dubrovnik last June with Kristina from Do You Wed Me. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. I spoke with a few different planners and also did a huge amount of research on venues etc. The wedding was more than I could have ever hoped for, and my Husband and I are going back to Dubrovnik to celebrate our 1st anniversary next month. Nicola

reviews: 12
39. Re: Weddings planners in Dubrovnik

I got married in june and had Ivana from Dubrovnik Designs to help me!.... I can 110% recommend - she thinks of everything! My day was better than I thought possible! We got married at the Palm Terrace at the excelcior and then had photos in the old town then speed boat over to the villa ruza for dinner... brilliant day! Please feel free to msg me if I can help :) Lisa :)

Manchester...
40. Re: Weddings planners in Dubrovnik

Hi I got married in September in Cavtat and used Do You Wed Me. Ki ke was always on hand answering any questions we had, she is very patient and professional with everything and was very helpful in giving us lots of ideas and suggestions for our small wedding, including organising an apartment at short notice :-)

The whole day ran smoothly and I had a lovely morning with Ana, who was so nice and my hair and make up was amazing. Nora the photographer was lovely and even helped me with my dress and made sure I had everything before we left. We really enjoyed our time with Nora in Cavtat and Dubrovnik Old Town having our photos taken, it was an amazing experience with strangers stopping us to take our pictures. Nora was fantastic and we really liked the way she took the photos, very natural photographs we felt.

My flowers and the flowers in the venue were the most beautiful flowers I have seen, they matched perfectly with our colour scheme.

Ki ke and her colleague Anita were our witnesses as we went on our own, I really can't recommend Ki ke and Do you Wed Me enough, lovely people who can't do enough for you, whatever your budget.

Reply to: Weddings planners in Dubrovnik
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted