We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delimna from Dubrovnik to Split

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
reviews: 57
Delimna from Dubrovnik to Split

Wondering if anyone can help us out with a dilemna? We're sailing into Dubrovnik on a Friday and needing to catch a plane out of Split Sat 10 AM and therefore renting a car to drive from Dubrovnik to Split. My husband and I can't seem to agree on what to do: can we wake up early in Dubrovnik on Sat AM and make it to Split in decent time (if so, how long would it take?) OR should we drive part way Fri night and stay in a town along the way (if so, which town?) ? Does anyone know how early we need to check in at Split realistically- i.e. how long does it take to go through security?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 22
1. Re: Delimna from Dubrovnik to Split

Well it will be about 220 km from Split to Dubrovnik and that will take you about 3 and a half to four hours to drive on the coastal highway. So I don't think it is practical to leave Dubrovnik in the early morning to catch a flight at 10 am. You better drive there the night before and catch that flight. If possible I would get as close as I could to Split. If you cannot find lodging in Split itself than I would try to find a room in a town nearby. Where are you flying to? If it is an international flight you better get there plenty early. If it is just from Split to another Croatian city I would think an hour early would be plenty of time. good luck with your dilemma.

Ireland
2. Re: Delimna from Dubrovnik to Split

I took a bus from Split to Dubrovnik last summer. It took approx 5 hours including reststop. The buses were airconditioned and comfortable and there was a frequent service (every hour approx)

USA
reviews: 1
3. Re: Delimna from Dubrovnik to Split

I would take a bus friday to a hotel in split, and then a taxi to the airport saturday morning at 8am. Or if youre set on renting a car, drive to split, sleep in hotel, and drive to airport in the morning at 8.

It actually might be cheaper to rent the car though, now that i think about it. Depends on how much the rental costs.

Realistically I think you should be at the airport 90minutes before your flight.

If you really want to stay in a town along the way I suggest Makarska. From there it is 70minutes or so to the Split airport.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 57
4. Re: Delimna from Dubrovnik to Split

Thanks to everyone above for your thoughts! Your responses are extremely important.... I'm trying to make the trip home less stressful as I am running a marathon the following day in the U.S. ..we are flying from Split to Amsterdam (with a 1 hr change time in Amsterdam- eek!) so I think we'll plan to be there 1.5- 2 hrs before departure...which definitely means staying nearer to Split. Thanks again!