We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split to Sloviena

Which Split hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 1
Split to Sloviena

Best place and way to get to Slovenia from Split?

From what I have seen

We want to go to Lake Plitvice. I understand this is by Bus? then from there to zagreb? then Zagreb to Ljubljana? would we need a bus or train for the other 2 connections? Is Ljubljana the best route into Slovenia?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 41
1. Re: Split to Sloviena

Bus to Plitvice, bus to Zagreb and either bus or train to Ljubljana.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
reviews: 21
2. Re: Split to Sloviena

Yes Ljubljana is your best enrty point to Slovenia from Zagreb by bus or train. You first have to decide if Plitvice is an overnight stop for you or do you want to leave from Split so early in the morning to stop a few hours in Plitvice and continue to Zagreb later in the day. Then Zagreb is your overnight stay as you must check the train and bus schedules from Zagreb to Ljubljana, I would recomend to leave Split at a normal hour in the morning getting to Plivice around noon or early afternoon, then visit the park 4-5 hours,

overnight in Plitvice then the next day you again can leave at a decent time to Zagreb by bus,and then hook up with afternoon bus or trains to Ljubljana.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
reviews: 29
3. Re: Split to Sloviena

where do you have to go to Slovenia at all? or are you only travelling through Slovenia?

4. Re: Split to Sloviena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 08, 2014