We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

island trips around croatia

Which Split hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
island trips around croatia

is it possible to book 5/6 day trips to go around the islands of croatia within croatia or is it more advisable to book it beforehand?

croatia
1. Re: island trips around croatia

It is possible that you come to Croatia and all the trip boats are already booked, so the best option is to book before you come. You can take a boat for 7 days and see many interesting places. You can try with www.lord-yachting.com

Good luck!

USA
reviews: 1
2. Re: island trips around croatia

You can book when you get there for those day trips. I think trips to Mostar, Medjugorje, Montenegro and the like book up faster because theyre less frequent. Island trips are run by several companies daily.

Charleston, South...
reviews: 97
3. Re: island trips around croatia

It is a good idea to book as far ahead as possible - the Dalmatian and Kornati Islands are really popular. Croatai only books 7 day charters in season (mostly from Saturday to Saturday). Lots of Europeans book a skippered boat rather than a hotel to see as much as possible. Have you considered a charter? This is really the best way to see Croatia. There is a lot of information on www.sailing-advisor.com. A charter may be cheaper than a hotel - no rental cars or trains, a kitchen and your own private guide (the skipper)...You will see a lot more of Croatia from a boat!

USA
reviews: 1
4. Re: island trips around croatia

"It is a good idea to book as far ahead as possible "

The inquiry is for day trips, not charters. Obv you should book a charter ahead of time, there wont be any boat skippers at the bus station saying "charter!" like the old ladies saying "sobe"

On another note, I think sailing around Croatia is a great idea. Although it is not a very luxurious way to travel around. Someone once called it "glorified camping." I think thats a good description. Of course, getting a yacht would be another story. However, sailboats and gullets are easier on the wallet.

NZ
reviews: 3
5. Re: island trips around croatia

We have just spent a week on a vintage boat visiting the islands between Split and Dubrovnik. Max of 32 passengers with breafast and a three course lunch provided. Variety of ages. Boats run by Katerina Lines out of Split. Variety of trips available and the price was reasonable especially if you are operating in GBP or USD. We had a lot of fun but make sure you book a cabin up on deck with its own bathroom.

Birmingham
reviews: 2
6. Re: island trips around croatia

Hello all, my boyfriend and I have got four days at the end of our three week holiday, to get from Dubrovnik to Split before flying home. I would love to experience the coast by boat, and get the chance to explore coves and towns away from the main tourist throngs. Is it possible for two people to get a chartered boat (i presume this means with someone else driving/guiding), or even to share with only a few others? I'm am not too well versed in the world of sailing, but I was certain that this is a service that must be provided on such a popular coast!

Charleston, South...
reviews: 97
7. Re: island trips around croatia

Hi,

What you are looking for is often called Cabin Cruising in the sailing world. There are many opportunities especially in the Pacific for this type of experience where the sailing distances can be quite long. I don't know of any specific ones in Croatia - but there should be some large "gulet" boats that do this. There are lots of small boats available in Croatia which may be even cheaper than what you are looking for...It sound like you just need a 2 cabin "skippered" boat. That woud give you the freedom to go anywhere you wanted too! I would try contacting some of the charter companies listed on the this page: sailing-advisor.com/croatia-yacht-charter.ht… for prices. At this point you may find a last minute deal that will work with your itinerary as normally most charter companies in Croatia like to do Saturday too Saturday itineraries.

8. Re: island trips around croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 16, 2009