We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split to Dubrovnik by Local Ferries? Possible?

Which Split hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
reviews: 8
Split to Dubrovnik by Local Ferries? Possible?

Hello,

I have looked on http://www.jadrolinija.hr however for the life of me I cannot find a route from Split to Dubrovnik by ferry.

I dont mean a direct route, I mean one where I can stop off at a few islands for a couple of days on the route down the coast.

Basically I'm going to be in Split on 23rd April and I need to fly out of Dubrovnik on 27th April. So I was hoping to make my way down by ferry, hitting a few islands (and staying on them) along the way.

There just doesnt seem to be any kind of route available for this.

I can get as far as Korcula from Spilot and then...nothign to Dubrovnik!

Any help would be most welcome.

Chris

Brighton, England
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
reviews: 50
1. Re: Split to Dubrovnik by Local Ferries? Possible?

Once you get as far as Korcula you can then get the bus that goes on the ferry over to the Peljesac peninsula and then drives down to Dubrovnik (daily). The coastal ferry Rijeka to Dubrovnik goes only in the summer (June to end Sept) and the Korcula Dubrovnik catamaran is only July and August.

So, you're right about what you found out!

Edited: 7:45 am, February 25, 2013
Split, Croatia
2. Re: Split to Dubrovnik by Local Ferries? Possible?

I think ferry line works only in season.

Preston, United...
3. Re: Split to Dubrovnik by Local Ferries? Possible?

Thanks Jude...

One last question...where is the best palce to find up to date Bus timetables?

The ferries only go to Vela Luka on Korcula island, and the bus site I have looked at show no results for a bus from Vela Luka to Dubrovnik?

Unless there are ferries that I have not seen that go to the other side of Korcula (the mainland side). Although even then, on the bus websites they show no buses to dubrovnik for 25th April.

Chris

Durham
4. Re: Split to Dubrovnik by Local Ferries? Possible?

The krilo jet catamaran goes daily from Split to Hvar town to Krocula town. http://www.krilo.hr/en/sailing_schedule.html

The bus goes to Dubrovnik at 6.45am.

Piedmont, California
reviews: 3
5. Re: Split to Dubrovnik by Local Ferries? Possible?

I have another question about the ferries, or water travel from Split to Hvar.

We are traveling from Split to Hvar at the end of June and are curious about any/all ways to get from the Split to the island, even using a water taxi, looking primarily for the most convenient way to travel this distance.

Any thoughts or experiences about this from from Trip Advisor users would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Brighton, England
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
reviews: 50
6. Re: Split to Dubrovnik by Local Ferries? Possible?

Lots of ferries to Stari Grad on Hvar and daily catamarans to Hvar Town run by Jadrolinija and Krilo jet. Look up the websites.

Split, Croatia
7. Re: Split to Dubrovnik by Local Ferries? Possible?

The cheapest way is to take cat directly for Hvar town. Next by the price is to take ferry to Stari Grad and then bus or taxi to Hvar town. The most expensive way is to take a private speed boat transfer.

Piedmont, California
reviews: 3
8. Re: Split to Dubrovnik by Local Ferries? Possible?

Thanks!

reviews: 168
9. Re: Split to Dubrovnik by Local Ferries? Possible?

the local ferry is possible based on past years schedules at least 2 times per week it goes up and down with stops at various islands. This would be for June-August I believe. Schedules come out very late...May.

Acworth, Georgia
10. Re: Split to Dubrovnik by Local Ferries? Possible?

I would like to go from Dubrovik to Split Sept 7th by Ferry. Is that poss. Seems like it doesn't run that time of year. Which island is more quant to see? Hvar or Korcula. Not necessarily more things to do. Might have to bypass those islands and drive from Dubrovnik to Split for a night.