We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Split to Airport

Which Split hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
reviews: 3
Bus Split to Airport

Hi, We have an 8am flight to catch. Could anyone tell me if there are buses available to the airport around 6.30am and how far the airport is. Also cost of bus. Thanks

Brighton, England
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
reviews: 38
1. Re: Bus Split to Airport

Croatia Airlines run a bus from in front of the green market by the port, before you go down to the bus station. The buses go an hour and a half before Croatian Airlines flights, so rumour has it and aren't very expensive. Croatia Airlines has an office on the Riva - you could go in and ask about specific times.

The local bus, number 37, goes past the airport, and is cheap but goes from the local bus station, 10 minutes up the road from the Riva. This is the bus titmetable but it's in Croatian. The listings are 'weekdays', 'Satrudays' and 'Sundays' but it takes about 45 minutes becuase it stops everywhere: www.promet-split.hr/index.php…

Perth
2. Re: Bus Split to Airport

Hi Jude C, Thanks for the info. Have just booked the flight so exceited about that. If we have any problems we can catch a taxi but I believe they are expensive.We will be flying Germanwings. Do you know if you have to fly with Croatia Airlines to be able to use the airport bus?

Msida, Malta
reviews: 2
3. Re: Bus Split to Airport

You do not have to use Croatian Airlines to use airport bus. Ask in the Croatian Airlines office the day before what time their earliest flight is - or go into their website and see what flights they have on the day you want to fly. They do have a lot of early flights so therefore should be no problem getting airport bus but would suggest if your flight is at 8.00am you board airport bus around 5.30am to allow time to airport and your check in time.

I have previously got early bus to airport from Split around 5.00am but this was around 2 years ago but guess they still run at that time.

Have a good trip

Perth
4. Re: Bus Split to Airport

Hi Korcula, Thanks for your help.

Brighton, England
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
reviews: 38
5. Re: Bus Split to Airport

Korcula is right about not having to be on a Croatia Airlines flight to use their buses. However, if you were, the bus is free, otherwise about 3-4 euro I think I was told.

Split, Croatia
reviews: 2
6. Re: Bus Split to Airport

Croatia airlines bus is going from Split to airport 1 hour 45 minutes before any flight.It is airport bus.Do not take local 37 becuse is slow so you can miss flight

Perth
7. Re: Bus Split to Airport

Hi everyone, Thanks for all your help. Great to know we can get the airport bus. Not so great having to be out of hotel by 5.30to get to airport for 8am flight.

Rome, Italy
reviews: 6
8. Re: Bus Split to Airport

just a note:

not before any flight - only before the cro-airlines flights; the cost is 30 Kuna or 5 euro and you can buy the ticket on board

bye

jeanne

9. Re: Bus Split to Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 25, 2009