We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

odessa visit

Which Odessa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Agra, India
odessa visit

i want to know when to visit Odessa to find reasonable hotel prices as well as cheap air tickets.I also want to know when there is tourist off season.

Sevastopol, Ukraine
1. Re: odessa visit

Winter(excluding holidays like New Year)

Odessa, Ukraine
2. Re: odessa visit

Dear sddhrth_sngh,

I agree with Crimea Consulting regarding hotels off season (it's from November to the middle of March).

As for cheap air tickets, I am afraid, they don't exist. There are no low cost airlines in Odessa. You can find cheap flights to Kiev anf then to drive or to catch a train to Odessa.

Edited: 6:46 pm, March 02, 2013
Agra, India
3. Re: odessa visit

thanks for your reply. what is the road and rail distance from Kiev to Odessa and are taxis cheaper or train.During off season the hotel rates will be lower?

Odessa, Ukraine
4. Re: odessa visit

Dear sddhrth_sngh,

The road distance is 465 km. Private driver needs about 4,5-5 hrs with 1 stop (depending on you). The trains are usually overnight. It takes about 7-8 hrs with many stops. The trains are usually cheaper even if you buy a first class compartment (the one for 2 pax).

Yes, the hotels are about 20% cheaper.

Agra, India
5. Re: odessa visit

thanks for Ur reply. will ask further queries if any regarding my visit to odessa.

Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 748
6. Re: odessa visit

The best way to travel between Kiev and Odessa is by bus.

- You don't have to spend a night 'sleeping' in a terrible train

- busses leave more often

- you have the choice between standard bus (2-2 seat configuration; approx. 160 Grn./way) and VIP bus (1-2 seat configuration, leg rest, 'stewardess' serving drinks and snacks; approx. Grn. 260/way)

- trip takes 6 - 7 hours with one stop, because of the terrible condition of the 'road'

7. Re: odessa visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:11 pm, March 20, 2013
8. Re: odessa visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 22, 2014