We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wondering if we can travel from Antigua to Lanquin on Dec.24

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Wondering if we can travel from Antigua to Lanquin on Dec.24

Hello my wife and I are hoping to travel from Antigua to Lanquin on Dec 24 by bus. I am wondering if that is an insane idea. Will we be able to hie a bus. I know that the 24th is a bigger deal than the 25th down there. Any info? Much appreciated.

Cheers!

Deerfield Beach...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Wondering if we can travel from Antigua to Lanquin on Dec.24

HI there. Trying to be realistic I have to tell you that it's not going to be easy. For starters there are no direct buses from Antigua to Lanquin. Even on a normal day from Antigua you're looking at arriving in Coban late in the afternoon because you have to take Monja Blanca at the Metra Norte bus terminal in gutemala city. And then you still have to catch transportation in Coban to Lanquin which I doubt you can still catch real late in the evening. So, on the 24th you can expect the amount of people travelling with the whole family in-tow trying to get to their final destination before midnight to celebrate noche buena to be more than during normal days. Trying to book a shuttle in advance would be your best option. This website has lots of useful information on hotels and transportation in Coban www.cobanav.net Good luck.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 148
2. Re: Wondering if we can travel from Antigua to Lanquin on Dec.24

I agree; if you're serious about making that massive trip on such a special day, hiring a private driver might be the most realistic way to go. Here are 2 transportation providers I’ve been pleased with in Guatemala for share shuttles, private transfers, and flight arrangements:

Adrenalina Tours: www.adrenalinatours.com

Rainbow Travel: www.rainbowtravelcenter.com

Vancouver
3. Re: Wondering if we can travel from Antigua to Lanquin on Dec.24

Thanks for your help. I know it's a tall order I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers!

4. Re: Wondering if we can travel from Antigua to Lanquin on Dec.24

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, November 19, 2014