We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I DON'T recommend BARCO tours in Antigua Guatemala

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Hartford...
reviews: 12
I DON'T recommend BARCO tours in Antigua Guatemala

Just thought I'd post a bad experience we just had using "Barco Tour Operator" (that's what's on our receipt) in Antigua 2 weeks ago. We paid for the tour to Pacaya Volcano, and arranged our entire day around being picked up at our hotel at 2pm. They never came. The clerk at our hotel kindly called them and was told they forgot to put us on the van driver's list. They tried to talk us into going the following day but we couldn't, and weren't inclined to give them a second chance they might screw up. We told them we'd be right down to the office to get our refund. When we got there no one but a cleaning person was in the office, even though they were expecting us. After much hassle we got our refund. We think they overbooked and didn't want to admit it. Leaving the office when we were on our way for a refund was nasty. Also it appeared the cleaning person jerked us around pretending not to speak any English (but when it mattered she suddenly was capable). Overall the experience ruined our brief time in Antigua.

Deerfield Beach...
1. Re: I DON'T recommend BARCO tours in Antigua Guatemala

Thanks for taking the time to share your bad experience and warn others.

I hope that was your only disappointing experience and you had a good trip.

New Hartford...
2. Re: I DON'T recommend BARCO tours in Antigua Guatemala

Loved Antigua! I got 2 more days there on the way back home. Lovely town. And I took the Pacaya tour with a different company. Strenuous but worth it!

3. Re: I DON'T recommend BARCO tours in Antigua Guatemala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 20, 2014