We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers in Guatemala. Antigua!!!

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
First timers in Guatemala. Antigua!!!

I just put up a post about my short trip to Antigua. I have a few good recommendations, but I need to go back and experience it with new eyes. Let me know if you have any questions....

travelertourist.com

california
reviews: 19
1. Re: First timers in Guatemala. Antigua!!!

Just finished viewing your photos of Guatemala and Cuba. Have been to the former twice and returning for the winter. Have always wanted to go to Cuba but cannot justify the costs of 5-7days. Am hoping we will lift all the restrictions because it seems this always helps to increase the freedom of the people who are so isolated. My husband and I have traveled for many years--always by ourselves. All over the world we found people friendly, helpful and interested to know about us. We have many friends who have always traveled on tours and they do not have the memories that come from the freedom of individual travel. Never stop searching for new places and people.

Miami, Florida
2. Re: First timers in Guatemala. Antigua!!!

thanks for reading and for your reply! Guatemala was really great, i definitely need to go back and see more of the country, especially Tikal.

if you do a little research I had seen cheaper cuba trips, but really not by a lot. I justified it because I had always wanted to go, and I wanted to see if before the embargo was lifted. who knows if it ever will be in our lifetime, but I just wanted to make sure. hopefully it will, because cuba is an amazing country and everyone should be able to see it with their own eyes without the legal hassle and elevated costs.

I do know what you mean about tours vs independent travel, but I have to say I really enjoyed the tour. I saw a lot of things I wouldn't have seen if it went alone. however. and that's a big however. there was a ton of havana I felt I missed out on. I definitely need to go back one day.

I'm going to Paris and Barcelona in a couple weeks. my first trip to Europe. one day I'll be one of those thick skinned, ten passports full of stamps, seen the whole world travelers. year 3. just getting started. the world is a big, beautiful place and I want to see all of it. keeping my mind and eyes wide open!

california
reviews: 19
3. Re: First timers in Guatemala. Antigua!!!

Agree that there are places that a tour works best, particularly if time is limited. You are in for great adventures in Paris and Barcelona. Travel well!

4. Re: First timers in Guatemala. Antigua!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 17, 2013