We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

panza verde

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas,TX
reviews: 13
panza verde

does anyone know which rooms at meson panza hotel are quiet or furthest from the restaurant? They tell me all the suites are quiet but I don't see how this can be with the restaurant right there.

Any feelings on where to stay between Panza V or Posada Angel?

guatemala
reviews: 4
1. Re: panza verde

I don`t think all rooms are quiet, I've heard that some of them are noisy because of the restaurant. I think Posada del Angel is a better choice if you are looking for a quiet place to stay, there is no restaurant at the hotel, just a little dining room for breakfast. Also in Panza Verde the lap pool is in the middle of the restaurant, at posada del Angel the lap pool is more private. Hope you have a nice stay.

Regards

Richmond, VA
2. Re: panza verde

I am also trying to decide between these two hotels. Posada Angel looks great but I saw some reviews indicating that it had gone downhill in recent times. I'm going for my honeymoon so privacy is important but an exciting atmosphere may also be appealing. Any recommendations?

West Palm Beach Fl
3. Re: panza verde

My wife and I recently returned from an 11 day trip to Guatemala - we finished the trip in Antiqua; my two cents:

-I can't imagine a more romantic place to stay for your honeymoon than the Casa Santo Domingo; if you don't stay there at least eat dinner there. We attempted to stay but unfortunately they were full. The place is spectacular!

-Failing there, we next went to Panza Verde but they too were full - it looked very nice. We had a drink there and I can't imagine that the dinning area would be very noisy.

-Striking out there we ended up at Casa Madaleine - very nice as well. They have spa services, it is very quiet and quaint and I really can't say enough about the service. I think out room was around $100 after tax and included breakfast. If I couldn't get into the Santo Domingo I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

OR
4. Re: panza verde

If you are looking for something nice and romantic I suggest Posada los Leones (http://www.lionsinnantigua.com/) It is really nice. The best room they have is "Shahrazad". Also if you tell them that you are in your honeymoon they do have a honeymoon package and includes rose petals in the jacuzzi and candles everywhere (really romantic!)

Casa Santo Domingo is nice, sometimes the people are a bit rude.

Mezon Panza Verde is great. Suite 12 is beautiful and since the bedroom is upstairs is not noisy at all. The food is one of the best I had in Guatemala