We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Antigua and Lake Atitlan in December

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida, New York
reviews: 51
Weather in Antigua and Lake Atitlan in December

I know it will be cool then, but how cold? Will I need blue jeans?

South Carolina
reviews: 154
1. Re: Weather in Antigua and Lake Atitlan in December

The average temperature last year for the month of December in Antigua was 53 minimum & 73 maximum. I would suggest taking some long pants with you.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
2. Re: Weather in Antigua and Lake Atitlan in December

I'd take long pants and layers (I do even when visiting in the summer months) but I don't choose to take jeans. They're heavy to pack and take forever to dry; when they're line dried they're stiff. Since I like to pack light and be comfortable, I choose lightweight wicking-type clothes. Just my 2 quetzales' worth...

www.onebag.com

Chicago
reviews: 543
3. Re: Weather in Antigua and Lake Atitlan in December

I take long pants with me no regardless of the time of the year I go to Guatemala. I take layers so I can add if I'm going to higher elevation and I can take stuff off when the temperature rises.

I make it a habit to take older stuff with me as it seems like everything gets dirty. I dress totally different in Guatemala than I do at home as I find there is no need to worry about fashion, style and impressions while traveling Guatemala.

The fashion police would not be happy, but I agree with Hopefulist about 'wicking-type" clothes. I find the micro-fiber shirts, shorts (when I do wear them) and pants are very light and compact for packing and dry much faster than jeans. For my travel style jeans are often heavy, bulky and slow to dry. I have found jeans to feel dirty quicker than the micro-fiber style cargo pants that I use for most of my exploration.

4. Re: Weather in Antigua and Lake Atitlan in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 25, 2012