We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend Nancy @ Guatemala Reservations

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Altos...
reviews: 2
Recommend Nancy @ Guatemala Reservations

Nancy has helped my family with annual trips to Guatemala for the past 7 years. She has helped us with hotels, sightseeing planning, and very importantly, trusted drivers to get us around the country.

Nancy is extraordinarily knowledgeable and responsive, generally replying to email inquiries within a few minutes.

22 replies to this topic
Bellevue, Washington
reviews: 1
1. Re: Recommend Nancy @ Guatemala Reservations

My husband, two daughters, 10 and 11, were on one of Nancy's tours this past Thanksgiving week . It claimed to be memorable and affordable and it was! We all had a fabulous time. Our younger daughter is adopted from Guatemala and this trip was the one we wanted for her and all of us. There was the perfect balance of activities and time on our own. The other family and ours wanted some outdoor activities and Nancy arranged for us to kayak, swim, rock cllimb, do a zip line at Lake Atitlan. Our last day we did a hike at the Pacaya Volcano, amazing, the guides roasted marshmellows for us! When one of the kids in our group was ill Nancy was so helpful. I am sure we will travel again to Guatemala and I will be contacting Nancy!

Deerfield Beach...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Recommend Nancy @ Guatemala Reservations

Hello there...glad you all had a good trip.

Philadelphia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Recommend Nancy @ Guatemala Reservations

My wife and I went to Antigua February 2012. I found Nancy Hoffman, a native of Boston, at Guatemala Reervations at the last minute on the internet. She suggested some tours that would interest us and was totally cool with my feedback about those which might be too strenuous, eventhough they were top tourist attractions. Her responses were immediate by email and paying her through paypal was painless. We arrived and our guide and driver were waiting as promised each day. Our guide was knowledgable and candid about Guatemalan history. We saw everything we wanted PLUS a tour through a hospital, as my wife is a physician. Nancy kept in touch throughout our week suggesting sights and restaurants and on our last day we met her at a local restaurant for lunch. She is a great person, laid back, smart and no pressure . USE HER and enjoy Antigua...a beautful colonial city in Guatemala.

Norwell...
4. Re: Recommend Nancy @ Guatemala Reservations

Nancy Hoffman and Guatemala Reservations is THE way to go when visiting this lovely country. Extremely well versed in every nuace of the country. And a real wit as well. You'll fall in love with her, as our family did.

Ed C.

Ontario
reviews: 4
5. Re: Recommend Nancy @ Guatemala Reservations

We certainly agree. Nancy set up our Tikal trip from Antigua with another couple and everything was great from communication, delivery of tickets/info to our Antigua hotel, transportation to and from the airport, tours and accomodation. Would love to return soon as our grandchildren are almost at the right age. Go RED SOX!!!!

Concord, New...
reviews: 26
6. Re: Recommend Nancy @ Guatemala Reservations

We used Nancy for our trip to Guatemala in April. She was amazing!! My little family of 2 was traveling with two other families -- in all, there were 12 of us. She was incredibly responsive to our ever changing needs and desires! Her suggestions were also top notch. I was so impressed with Nancy that I've already used her to book our NEXT trip to Guatemala for next March!

Concord, New...
7. Re: Recommend Nancy @ Guatemala Reservations

We used Nancy for our trip to Guatemala in April. She was amazing!! My little family of 2 was traveling with two other families -- in all, there were 12 of us. She was incredibly responsive to our ever changing needs and desires! Her suggestions were also top notch. I was so impressed with Nancy that I've already used her to book our NEXT trip to Guatemala for next March!

Edited: 8:49 pm, May 18, 2012
reviews: 25
8. Re: Recommend Nancy @ Guatemala Reservations

I would be more inclined to consider this tour company had the reviews been written by posters who have written several reviews or have had a history on TA. This is the first or second post for many, not all, of the people reviewing.

Mmmmm, maybe its just me but I am a little sceptical !

Edited: 6:39 am, May 19, 2012
Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
reviews: 139
9. Re: Recommend Nancy @ Guatemala Reservations

Otroviaje, I understand your skeptical perspective, and we all have to be careful of untrue referrals and posts. However you can see that Kyle2009 (with 1,935 posts and 17 reviews) trust the posters. I do not have quite as many posts (only 500 posts and 50 reviews), but I am a full time resident of Guatemala and carefully follow both highly rated agencies and poorly rated agencies. Nancy has been operating in the tourism business as a booking agent for 15 years in Antigua. I know of her personally, and she does in fact provide excellent service for her clients.

I just wanted to add my 50 centavos worth. It is a great service to us all when members write in about poor service, and an even greater service when we read about the good ones.

Safe Travels.

Concord, New...
10. Re: Recommend Nancy @ Guatemala Reservations

I probably didn't help your skepticism by mistakenly posting my comment twice! You're right, I haven't posted to forums very much, but I have reviewed a number of places and have been a member of Trip Advisor for a while now.

Reply to: Recommend Nancy @ Guatemala Reservations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted