We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pacaya crest

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston, ma usa
reviews: 39
pacaya crest

I have read the various review of guides to hike Pacaya and have also read that some will take us to the crest while others will stop much further down.

we would like to go as far as possible, is there a reputable guide who is known to do this, and alternatively, are there any who specifically i should avoid?

thanks

Southern US
1. Re: pacaya crest

See my post about avoiding Ruta Maya. I don't remember the name of the agency we used but they are 1/2 block out of the square in Antigua and took us up to above the lava flows which is about as high as you need to go.

Southern US
2. Re: pacaya crest

See my post about avoiding Ruta Maya. I don't remember the name of the agency we used but they are 1/2 block out of the square in Antigua and took us up to above the lava flows which is about as high as you need to go.

3. Re: pacaya crest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 10, 2009