We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish Lessons

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Antigua
reviews: 5
Spanish Lessons

I spent 3 weeks with Amalia Jarquin in Antigua Guatemala learning Spanish. As a beginner I now feel confident to speak Spanish. Amalia is a wonderful teacher who is able to teach to any level of student. I highly recommend you contact her if you are truly interested in 1 on 1 lessons. amaliajarquin@hotmail.com or 5562 3313 in Guatemala.

Elkton, Maryland
reviews: 6
1. Re: Spanish Lessons

Favor de decirme lo que has aprendido de la historia y cultura de Guatemala. Yo especialmente quisiera entender un poco más de la cultura. Favor de enseñarme.

Elkton, Maryland
reviews: 6
2. Re: Spanish Lessons

On the other hand, maybe this was just a post you made to advertise this place and you did not bother to subscribe to it at all.

Huron, Ohio
3. Re: Spanish Lessons

Antigua - Land of eternal spring

January 2008 I attended a school in Antigua, a Spanish school which could not deal with my advanced knowledge of Spanish. All they could do was give me a list of Spanish words. Luckily, I passed by Amalia Jardin's house, read her advertisement on her door, and opted for a two-hour session. She had the audacity to tell me that my writing that the school said had two errors in fact had many more. I was hooked - an honest teacher. Amalia then freed up nine hours, six days a week, for three weeks to help me greatly improve my Spanish. Last week I ran into a Mexican contract worker who spoke no English in Huron, Ohio and I talked to her for over an hour. I have talked to my professors at Ashland University and already have had a student ask about Amalia. When on a cruise to Hawaii, the dance instructor asked me who I would recommend to learn Spanish. Guess who?

I've have had at least seven instructors in Spanish and she is by far the best I've found. I hope in the next two or three years to return to work with Amalia again for a month. She is a real professional also with a great sense of humor.

a

4. Re: Spanish Lessons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 06, 2009