We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Cancun to Antigua, Guatemala

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
Travel Cancun to Antigua, Guatemala

Hi

I have flights in and out of Cancun but want to spend up to a week in Guatemala. I want to go to Antigua but would love any other recommendations. What is the best way to get to Antigua from Cancun and how long should I spend there?

Elkton, Maryland
reviews: 6
1. Re: Travel Cancun to Antigua, Guatemala

If you have a week you want to kill in Antigua, the best way would be to fly to Guate and then take an airport shuttle onward. It would cost a lot, but would not waste most of 2 days enroute each way. You might have to first fly to Flores (FRS) and then to Guate (GUA). I hope you have some really good reason th be there, except for hanging out with all the tourists.

Bethesda, MD
reviews: 24
2. Re: Travel Cancun to Antigua, Guatemala

I'd spend some time in Antigua, but you should also get to the lake and to Chichi. You can arrange a shuttle to Pana in Antigua, and can do a day trip to Chichi from there.

If your flight does end up going through Flores, you might think about staying overnight there and going to Tikal before heading to Antigua.

London
reviews: 1
3. Re: Travel Cancun to Antigua, Guatemala

Thanks for the advice. I've basically got 10 days after spending time with friends in Belize and on Isla Mujeres in Mexico. I realise 10 days isn't enough time to do anywhere justice but I thought I could get a taste of Guatemala and people have recommended Antigua. YOu sound like you disagree Chenbaaxal! Do you think the time would be better spent seeing more of Mexico - if so where?

Southern...
reviews: 17
4. Re: Travel Cancun to Antigua, Guatemala

You may have already done your trip as I've just found this forum, but it's pretty easy to go from CNU to GUA. I've done it a couple of times and will do it again in a few weeks. Antigua is about an hour from the GUA airport, maybe longer if the traffic is bad as is often the case.

Fly Taca from CUN to GUA. I think there are two flights, one direct and one through Flores. I've taken the one that stops in Flores and stayed there a couple of nights to see Tikal.

If you've already gone, I'd be interested i your experiences.

5. Re: Travel Cancun to Antigua, Guatemala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, September 16, 2009