We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from UK in October 2014

Which Martha's Vineyard hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newport, United...
Travelling from UK in October 2014

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are coming over to New York in mid October for two weeks and we really want to visit Martha's Vineyard and stay a couple of nights. I just wondered how we'd go about getting there - I've checked out internal flights from Boston, MA and this is do-able although it's right at the top of our budget. Is there a train/bus service we can take?

Thanks in advance,

Rhiannon

4 replies to this topic
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 1
1. Re: Travelling from UK in October 2014

You know it's an island, right? So the only options are plane or ferry. You can take a bus from Boston to Woods Hole in Falmouth for the ferry from Cape Cod.

Edited: 9:08 am, June 16, 2014
Newport, United...
2. Re: Travelling from UK in October 2014

Yep, aware it's an island! Just wondered how accessible MV would be and the cheapest way of doing it given we would be travelling from New York. Many thanks!

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 96
3. Re: Travelling from UK in October 2014

You can take the Peter Pan bus from NYC to Woods Hole. You'll transfer in Providence. The bus is usually the least expensive option. Another option and probably a bit more money is Amtrak from NYC to Providence and then the bus from Providence to Woods Hole. Once in Woods Hole, you'll take the Steamship Authority ferry, right in from of the bus stop.

Edited: 10:23 am, June 16, 2014
Newport, United...
4. Re: Travelling from UK in October 2014

This is really helpful, thank you :)

Reply to: Travelling from UK in October 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted