We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any actual vineyards left?

Which Martha's Vineyard hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 27
Any actual vineyards left?

I did a Google search for wine tasting and came up with a whole lot of nothing. I assume the island was once appropriately named, and I'm hoping I can find a nice place to do some tasting. Suggestions?

5 replies to this topic
Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 96
1. Re: Any actual vineyards left?

The island was not appropriately named, at least not in the sense that you are suggesting. It was named because of the wild grapes that grow here. Only one vineyard was here, but they have closed. Now there are none.

Portland, Oregon
2. Re: Any actual vineyards left?

Oh, ok! What about wine bars, then? I was hoping to taste a variety of wines without having to buy them by the glass at dinner. Anything like that on the island?

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 96
3. Re: Any actual vineyards left?

The closest you'll get to a wine bar is Black Sheep/Trio in Edgartown is Fromage and Charcuterie that serves flights of wine in the evening. blacksheepmv.com/index.php/edgartown-wine-ba…

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
4. Re: Any actual vineyards left?

Heck there are hardly any Martha's left either. Not sure why anyone goes anymore.

Portland, Oregon
5. Re: Any actual vineyards left?

neslaw, that gave me a good giggle! Where's the like button when you need one?! :)

Thanks Knows, I'll check it out!

Reply to: Any actual vineyards left?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted