We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Martha's Vineyard

Which Martha's Vineyard hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Martha's Vineyard

Go to Martha's vineyard for one day trip. Should I go to Vineyard Haven or Oaks Bluffs

5 replies to this topic
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 100
1. Re: Martha's Vineyard

More to see in Oak Bluffs, you can take an inexpensive bus between all the towns on the vineyard. For a day trip I would recommend also seeing Edgartown.

mvy.com/get-here/getting_around_the_island.a…

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 96
2. Re: Martha's Vineyard

Have to agree with kendrick. You'll find more history and architectural beauty in Oak Bluffs and Edgartown. Very different in their origins and style, by visiting both towns, you'll get a general sense of the 'down-island' scene. The bus is a convenient and hassle-free way to travel between the towns. Edgartown has the Martha's Vineyard museum which is worth the visit.

Vancouver...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Martha's Vineyard

I'm thinking of taking a day trip from Boston to either Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard. Not sure which is best.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 1
4. Re: Martha's Vineyard

We're not sure either. What would make either best for you?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 100
5. Re: Martha's Vineyard

Cape Cod is actually 15 different towns with over 100 beaches, for a day trip the 2 most workable options are taking the ferry from Boston to Provincetown and spending the day there. You can shop, eat, take a shuttle to the beach, do a dune tour. I am not sure if there is enough time to do a whale watch and still get the return ferry to Boston. Other than that, you really need a car and the best thing to do is pick one area or town on the Cape depending on what you want to do/see.

For the Vineyard, you can take Peter Pan busline from South Station in Boston directly to the Steamship Authority ferry dock in Woods Hole, the ferry ride is about 45 mins and runs all day until 9:30 pm. Check here for options on what to do once on the Island:

http://www.mvy.com/

Reply to: Martha's Vineyard
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted