We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aquinnah in April

Which Martha's Vineyard hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Old Lyme...
reviews: 2
Aquinnah in April

Hi,

We will be visiting Martha's Vineyard for a day trip in mid-April. We're not bringing the car over, so we'll be using the shuttle buses to get around the island.

I'm a little concerned about Aquinnah. I want to see the cliffs and the lighthouse, but according to the bus schedule, we will either be there for 10 min. or 2 1/2 hours.

Is 10 min. enough time? Or, if we do stay longer, will anything be open (especially restaurants, since we will be there around lunchtime)?

Thanks for your help!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 100
1. Re: Aquinnah in April

Hi, There isn't enough there to keep you occupied for 2 1/2 hours off-season. You'll have to weigh the time it will take to get out there on the shuttle against the 10 minutes that you'll have to take photos and get back on the bus.I think the cliffs & the lighthouse are beautiful & if this is your only chance to see them then you may want to do it but otherwise, I'd save it for another time. Another possibility is to hire a taxi to take you out there, then you can stop at a few other spots along the way including Chilmark Chocolates.

Old Lyme...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Aquinnah in April

Thanks for your reply, it was a big help. We don't live too far away so I think we'll save Martha's Vineyard for the summer when there will be more to do and focus on Cape Cod this trip. Thanks again!

3. Re: Aquinnah in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 01, 2014