We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November Visit - HELP

Which Martha's Vineyard hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saylorsburg...
reviews: 13
November Visit - HELP

Four girlfriends from HS reuniting on MV this November... thinking it could be kind of desolate.

Where would be a good place to stay? We are open to a house rental, hotel, B&B, Inn, or anything, but since its so off-season, wondering what would work?

Having never been there before, I'm clueless.

Any and all suggestions and input are appreciated.

THANKS!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 1
1. Re: November Visit - HELP

It would help if we knew what you planned to do when you are there.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 111
2. Re: November Visit - HELP

Hi, the Vineyard does have a year-round population so it is not completely desolate. With a group of friends I think staying in either Edgartown or Oak Bluffs would be a good idea. These are 2 of the 3 main towns and so you would have easy access to the shops & restaurants that are open. Consider bringing a car over on the ferry, splitting the fare 4 ways will make it very cost-effective. Otherwise you will probably have to deal with cabs & public transport which adds up. With your own car you can explore the whole island at your leisure. My preference would be to rent a condo or a house so that you can kick back & have some wine and just hang out and visit. You don't have to cook, but it is nice to have a place you can bring lobsters home to. (Can you tell I have done this with my gf's a few times?) Hope this helps to narrow things down a bit.

3. Re: November Visit - HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, June 04, 2013