We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Nantucket Wedding

Which Nantucket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ballston Spa, New...
reviews: 2
Small Nantucket Wedding

Planning a small Nantucket wedding, (~15ppl), early October, 2014, thinking of Brant Point lighthouse for ceremony or possibly some other intimate location, any suggestions?

We also are in need of some place for dinner. Although my fiance is a gourmet chef, our families are certainly far from gourmet. We'd like some place with Nantucket atmosphere, good food-but nothing over the top fancy. Possibly some place with a small private room? Anyone have suggestions?

Thank you, very appreciative of any info!

Boston...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Small Nantucket Wedding

Congrats on your upcoming Oct. wedding! Have you started your wedding preparation plans yet or just in the "I'd like to get married on Nantucket" stage? I am sure others will give you advice but here are some websites you can check out:

www.nantucketweddings.com/get_ready/index.php

This website has lots of informative information on it for your planning. Suggested hotels listed also.

I would suggest that once you have formalized your plans you book your lodging ASAP as Nantucket is still a popular place in the fall. Contact the different hotels are ask what their booking policies are, can you have a bunch of rooms held w/ confirmation by your guests? These are things that will make the wedding process go smoothly.

Also on this website you will notice the legal requirements in Massachusetts for getting married.

Here are some excerpts from the site:

All people who marry in Massachusetts must have a marriage license issued in Massachusetts.

An out-of-state license cannot be used.

Both prospective bride and groom must apply for the license in person. You may do so with the city or town clerk in any community in the state of Massachusetts.

If a person is in the military, intentions may be filed by either party, provided one is a Massachusetts resident.

If a person is incarcerated, intentions may be filed by either party, provided one is a Massachusetts resident.

The fee for a Nantucket marriage license is $35.

The marriage license is only good for 60 days from the filing and is valid anywhere in the state but not outside Massachusetts.

You may be asked for a photo ID.

Waiting Period

A three-day waiting period is required starting from the day after the bride- and groom-to-be file their intention to marry. Sundays and holidays are included in those three days: if you have applied on Friday, the license will be issued on or after Monday.

It is possible to be married before those three days are up, but to do this you must apply (both of you) for a court waiver at a probate or district court after you have filed your intentions. The fee is $65 in cash on Nantucket

Here is another neat website for a photographer, the photos are amazing!

…wordpress.com/category/nantucket/

Here's another fantastic website for you to check out:

www.ack.net/wedding/ThePerfectPlace.html

Hope this helps. Good luck with your planning!

Ballston Spa, New...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Small Nantucket Wedding

Wow! This information is incredibly helpful, thank you so very much for your time! I will have to take some time to go through these sites and see whats being offered. Again, thank you so much!

Laura

Edited: 7:13 pm, December 16, 2013
Boston...
reviews: 16
3. Re: Small Nantucket Wedding

You are very welcome! I live in MA and have been to Nantucket so a lovely spot to tie the knot! Let us know how you make out.

May

4. Re: Small Nantucket Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 19, 2014