We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days to visit Nantucket in mid October?

Which Nantucket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 63
How many days to visit Nantucket in mid October?

My husband and I and another couple (early 30's) will be visiting Nantucket in mid October, the weekend after Columbus Day. We have never been to Nantucket before. How many nights would you suggest staying? We are looking to do some activities, shopping, eat, drink and relax. We have 4 nights to be on vacation, and were considering spending 3 nights on Nantucket and then going somewhere else within an hour or so drive of the Cape Cod area for our 4th night? Any suggestions as to whether we should just stay on Nantucket for the 4th night or if not, where we should go for our final night? Looking for quaint, pretty small towns with nice restaurants, antiques, and great views. Thanks!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 1
1. Re: How many days to visit Nantucket in mid October?

If it were me I would spend two nights on Nantucket and two nights on the Cape. Are you taking a car over to the island?

2. Re: How many days to visit Nantucket in mid October?

No we arnt taking a car over.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 1
3. Re: How many days to visit Nantucket in mid October?

Will you have a car on the Cape? Not easy to get around without one. On your other post I adjusted my suggestion somewhat about the length of stay on the island.

4. Re: How many days to visit Nantucket in mid October?

We will have a car on the cape, but not planning to take it over to Nantucket.

5. Re: How many days to visit Nantucket in mid October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 05, 2014