We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress?

Which Nantucket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
reviews: 1
Dress?

My wife and I will be visiting Nantucket next week for the first time and are wondering how to dress? Are shorts and shirts appropriate for lunch in town? Is dinner upscale and should I pack a blazer?

Thanks in advance.

Boston, MA
1. Re: Dress?

It really depends on where you are eating. There are some VERY nice resturants in Nantucket--but during the day you can easily find a casual place (since so many people go to the beach) however, at night a summer dress and casual blazer can be appropriate if you're eating at Le Languedoc http://www.lelanguedoc.com/ or frommers.com/destinations/…D40353.html it may be nicer. But most of the time you can get away with a golf shirt and a nice outfit for the lady for lunch in town at an upscale place.

Most of the time people are in their summer clothes during the day and may fancy up a bit at night :D

reviews: 1
2. Re: Dress?

Shorts and shirts are fine for lunch and dinner as well depending on where you are dining. I always bring a decent pair of pants (khakis or seersucker) as well as a light blazer, a couple of dress shirts and a couple of ties (if you like ties, check out Vineyard Vines) for dinner at the high end places (e.g. The Ship's Inn Restaurant is one of our favorites). You will find Nantucket to be very low key. Enjoy your stay.