We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

single female traveler

Which Nantucket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ny
reviews: 3
single female traveler

can anyone suggest a hotel or resort on the beach, but also near nightlife and shopping. i dont drive. thanks so much

Chester, NJ
reviews: 10
1. Re: single female traveler

On Nantucket, most of the nightlife, restaurants and shopping are in the town, which is on the harbor without any real beach access. The beaches are away from the town. The ones with surf are on the other side of the island. My favorite beach, Madaket, is on the western end, about 15 minutes from town by shuttle. Check www.nantucket.net for a description of the beaches.

Fortunately, there is a good shuttle bus system between the town and the beaches (and reasonable taxis, if you're bucks up) , so you won't need to drive. You can also rent bicycles or mopeds. There are good bicycle trails to the beaches, too.

I suggest you look for a place in town. Check TripAdvisor for suggestions and ratings. Then use the shuttles to get to the beach of your choice. If you're still committed to a beachside hotel, there are a few (e.g., Cliffside Beach Club, Wauwinet). They are outside of town, though, so you'll have quick access to the beach, but then the opposite problem getting into town and back in the evening or for rainy day shopping.

2. Re: single female traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, August 30, 2009