We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Day in Annapolis

Which Annapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit
Destination Expert
for Detroit
reviews: 52
1 Day in Annapolis

Hello, I'll be spending the day in Annapolis. What can y ou suggest as far as waterfront dinning and shopping? Any other suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.

11 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 38
1. Re: 1 Day in Annapolis

Waterfront Dining -Phillips, not my favorite. Marriott, outside bar and food on deck.

Across in Eastpoint- Charthouse.

Shopping- Main St and surrounding streets?

Other suggestions, State House, Naval Academy.

I love to just sit by ego alley with a sandwich from "The Big Cheese".

Detroit
Destination Expert
for Detroit
2. Re: 1 Day in Annapolis

Thanks for the suggestions. I think we will swing by the Big Cheese.

Annapolis, Maryland
reviews: 21
3. Re: 1 Day in Annapolis

Check out the Trip Advisor reviews for the Big Cheese before you go...it's rated #144 for a reason.

Detroit
Destination Expert
for Detroit
4. Re: 1 Day in Annapolis

Thanks MJ....where are favorite places to eat in Annapolis?

Annapolis, Maryland
reviews: 21
5. Re: 1 Day in Annapolis

Around City Dock, hard to beat Amsterdam Falafel in the Market House for a casual meal. Overall, the best restaurant in the area is easily Vin 909 -- nothing in the area can really compete.

But you want waterfront, so you're talking expensive and just so-so food for the price, I guess it'll have to be Carols Creek or Chart House. If you want to eat waterfront outside Annapolis (10-15 minutes), The Point over in Arnold is REALLY good for this area

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
6. Re: 1 Day in Annapolis

I do disagree with that and had never looked at the reviews. Great original sandwiches. It is not a restaurant but a carryout. Always a line when I am there and it is all locals.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
7. Re: 1 Day in Annapolis

I do disagree with that and had never looked at the reviews. Great original sandwiches. It is not a restaurant but a carryout. Always a line when I am there and it is all locals.

Just looked at reviews. I would agree that the owners add not the warmest and fuzziest but the great majority agree that they make a great sandwich. Doesn't matter to me, I don't own it.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
reviews: 11
8. Re: 1 Day in Annapolis

The owner of the Big Cheese has a Nails on a chalkboard personality at least for me. I worked downtown Annapolis for ten years and can count the times that I ate there on one hand. Decent sandwiches but overpriced and not worth the customer service experience.

Vin 909 is great but it is over in Eastport and has a wait at times which could eat into your one day. Galway Bay is always solid and Maryland Avenue is less touristy than Main Street for shopping.

Detroit
Destination Expert
for Detroit
9. Re: 1 Day in Annapolis

Thank you all for the suggestions! I'm looking forward to my trip!

Grasonville...
reviews: 154
10. Re: 1 Day in Annapolis

If you want the best on the water view of Ego Alley for a served lunch, Pussers has it hands down. If you are not looking for fine dining but your typical bar food head there and see if you can grab a table on the water. We have eaten there before and it is not too bad.

As for shopping it is all there within walking distance, you can even visit the Academy store if your a Navy fan! If you have someone with you that in in the service you can get 10% off.

Reply to: 1 Day in Annapolis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted