We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tabasco Factory

Northampton, United...
reviews: 74
Tabasco Factory

Hey,

Does anyone know how long roughly it takes to visit the factory, just the factory not Jungle Gardens, as we'll be visiting in December so isn't worth it.

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Bossier City, LA
reviews: 2
1. Re: Tabasco Factory

I've never gone there but here is the link to the reviews on Trip Advisor. About few reviews down someone gives specifics on times. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g29472-d10…

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
2. Re: Tabasco Factory

Definitely less than an hour, maybe even 30 minutes - there isn't a lot to the tour. There is a guide who tells you about the history of Tabasco sauce and something about the family, then you walk along a corridor with windows were you can see the bottling process. There may be a short film too.

New Orleans...
reviews: 10
3. Re: Tabasco Factory

No more than 45 minutes. The winter here is quite mild generally so the Jungle Gardens won't be barren and you may still see quite a few migratory birds, depending on how the weather is. If you have time, visit Shadows-on-the-Teche in New Iberia as well as St. Martinsville. Be sure to get some hot boudin and eat some other authentic Cajun food while in that area - it's the real deal!

Northampton, United...
4. Re: Tabasco Factory

Thanks guys, maybe we will get to see some of the Jungle Gardens, we'll play that by ear on the day.

For lunch I was thinking of Bon Creole Lunch Counter in New Iberia, or Olde Tyme Grocery in Lafayette. Unless you've got any other rec's?

As we have a very busy day, lots of driving. NOLA > Tabasco Factory > Natchez > Vicksburg [spend the night] it's over 7hrs of driving! I was thinking of maybe cutting Natchez out, and it's dark by 5pm, and I dunno if we should be driving in the dark, from Natchez to Vicksburg?

New Orleans...
reviews: 10
5. Re: Tabasco Factory

If you're trying to do all that in one day, definitely skip the Jungle Gardens. That whirlwind schedule is really not going to give you enough time to really visit and get to know Cajun country. I think you're doing way too much too fast for one day. And I frankly don't think the Tabasco factory is worth the journey if that's all you're going to have time to see as far as sights. But if you must, you can certainly skip Natchez if you need to make time, but I would rather spend the night there than Vicksburg. Plan your route very carefully - if you are not familiar with the roads and traffic and construction sites you have the potential to spend a lot more than seven hours driving that day.

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
6. Re: Tabasco Factory

I agree with highway61. We spent a few days in the area and the Tabasco Factory was not one of the highlights - it was kind of cool, but it wasn't anywhere close to our favorite thing that we did while there. Like I said, the factory tour is basically just a short informational lecture followed by an opportunity to view the bottling line. They do have an extensive gift shop though :) It really did feel like an excuse to get people into the giftshop. And since I love Tabasco sauce, it totally worked on me and I bought several things.

Northampton, United...
7. Re: Tabasco Factory

Thanks guys, I realise it is a bit of a mad day, I only found out after the itinerary was set, about the Tabasco Factory...and we have to see it!

I think Natchez is definitely getting cut. Straight to Vicksburg instead, I orignally was going to stay in Natchez, but changed it to Vicksburg.

Reply to: Tabasco Factory
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Avery Island
Recent Conversations
More Avery Island Topics