We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping in Panama City

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belmont, California
Tipping in Panama City

We are staying at a condo that supplies a concierge and daily maid service. We have been presented with envelopes indicating the staff expect to be tipped. What is the convention in this country re tipping? The service has been great and we do expect to tip, but opinions vary as to how much is appropriate.

Thanks!

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 80
1. Re: Tipping in Panama City

Restaurants - 10%; but read your check carefully as many restaurants include the tip "propina" in the check.

How much is appropriate.....hmmmmmm......opinions will vary on here also, I am sure.

For the maid, I would leave a dollar a day; and conscierge, depending on how often you use them, perhaps $2.00 a time. Employees are paid very little for their work here, and I am sure they will be appreciative of anything you give them. Be generous if you can afford to be.

2. Re: Tipping in Panama City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 21, 2014