We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at B & B La Estancia one night - what to do

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Whitby, Canada
Staying at B & B La Estancia one night - what to do

I'll be arriving in Panama City on a Saturday and staying overnight at La Estancia. Would it be safe for a woman in her 50's to walk up Ancon Hill alone? I'd appreciate ideas about the what else I could do for the afternoon and evening. I assume there won't be time for a tour since my flight doesn't arrive until 2:30 pm. This is my first trip alone so I'm a bit nervous.

Madrid, Spain
reviews: 11
1. Re: Staying at B & B La Estancia one night - what to do

You could get a taxi to the Miraflores Visitor Cente - though that closes as 5 pm.

Or get a taxi into the old town.

Whitby, Canada
2. Re: Staying at B & B La Estancia one night - what to do

Thanks beardocubauk. The idea of climbing the hill to see the view and maybe seeing wildlife appeals to me, but since I'll only be in PC until the next morning, I want to make the most of my time. Any idea how much a taxi would be from La Estancia to the old town?

Madrid, Spain
reviews: 11
3. Re: Staying at B & B La Estancia one night - what to do

Not a lot - see for example the last post here tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294480-i1194-k600…

Whitby, Canada
4. Re: Staying at B & B La Estancia one night - what to do

Thanks again, beardocubauk!

Panama City, Panama
5. Re: Staying at B & B La Estancia one night - what to do

Maybe drop your bags at La Estanciaa and have your taxi take you to the top and walk down. It's a pretty strenuous hike with no streetlights so you don't want to be wandering around in the dark.

$3 cab to Casco Viejo for a nice walk around in the evening and dinner.

Enjoy your stay.

Steve www.panamanotes.com

Whitby, Canada
6. Re: Staying at B & B La Estancia one night - what to do

That's a good idea. Thanks Steve!

7. Re: Staying at B & B La Estancia one night - what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 09, 2014