We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

theft! stay away

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Riverside...
theft! stay away

I had a theft problem while flying with copa. I had two bottle of new perfumes stolen from my suitcase. I only found the wrappings. Nobody ever called. They forward my emails to Copa in my final destination and somebody called with a bloken english saying they would not refund me because it is not allowed to check in liquids!! BIG MISTAKE! You can find on the website their policies about liquid, and yes it is allowed to check in perfumes if they are carried in plastic zipper bags and are under 100 ml, that is exactly how my perfumes were. Anyways they are just throwing the responsibility to somebody else!Dont fly copa unless you wanna get stolen!

Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
reviews: 65
1. Re: theft! stay away

If you eliminate every airline that has had theft problem you would not be flying - Copa has a good reputation and it is possible someone not employed by Copa at the airport got them.

Someone with broken english called you - you do know Copa is based in Panama - could be worse you could have talked with CS in India.

Airlines ( just about all) will do everything they can to avoid paying you, plus many of the employees don't know the rules or are just guessing.

Riverside...
2. Re: theft! stay away

you have a good point cdy however it does not justify the theft they need to be responsible for our luggage, the same way we are responsible to not check in something hazards that can blow out their airplane, I left my luggage under their responsibility after i checked them in, they need to return it in the same conditions they got it! It was just perfumes it could have been something way more valuable. If we let things like that happen without looking for our rights the services offered to customers will only get worse. lame! After all we are paying for it!

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
reviews: 26
3. Re: theft! stay away

I'm not excusing them in any way, Maiara a, but...I don't even bother to lock my luggage anymore, so they don't break the locks if they go through my stuff. I NEVER pack anything in my luggage that I won't care if it goes missing. Luggage theft is a nasty fact of travel life. It sucks, and one kinda wishes scum like that would rot in ... well, you get my drift. But thanks for the heads up; I'm flying Copa next month!!!

Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
reviews: 65
4. Re: theft! stay away

I get your point but bottom line is most airlines just don't give a crap - when it comes to theft - they will be pleasant at first but when it comes time to ante up - good luck

5. Re: theft! stay away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:27 am, February 08, 2013
Edited: 9:27 am, February 08, 2013
Brussels
reviews: 36
6. Re: theft! stay away

It is a major issue at Panama airport, twice items were stolen from my luggage as well in PTY this year.

reviews: 11
7. Re: theft! stay away

Miami airport is really bad....have had lots of nice shoes disappear..now I put 1 in my bag, 1 in a friends or spouse...sounds silly but it sucks to not have your shoes when you get somewhere!!! Thanks for the heads up...flying copa direct later this winter...will just do a carry on!!

Oakland, California
reviews: 62
8. Re: theft! stay away

There's a luck of the draw element here - I've flown through PTY half a dozen times in the past year with no problem. Sort of like flight delays - can happen anytime, with any airline, but some are worse than others.

9. Re: theft! stay away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Panama City